Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
7 registered (SilentNoLonger, I Want 2 Thrive, CafeMan, 3 invisible), 56 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62561 Topics
438346 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#249705 - 09/15/08 03:39 PM I Have A Childhood Dream
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
When I was a kid, I heard a record of C.W. McCall singing "Convoy". Ever since then, I have wanted a CB radio.

Today, with some kind help from a former twidget submariner (Radioman) that was sent by my Cable company to fix my FUBAR Internet, I now have a fully functional CB radio in my Dodge Durango!! I am so happy. I also have my Internet fixed too, BTW. I guess brotherhood crops up in strange places...

Just thought I would share some childhood joy.

Brian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKfLpkBFjx0

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#249707 - 09/15/08 03:55 PM Re: I Have A Childhood Dream [Re: LN3(SS)]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Congrats! I remember when I got my first Ham radio. WOW! That was a special day too. I could actually talk with people in far away places. Enjoy and have fun!

Geeders

#249710 - 09/15/08 04:05 PM Re: I Have A Childhood Dream [Re: LN3(SS)]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

That is so cool Brian. I don't feel as much as a redneck now because I've had a CB in truck for four years. I only use it about four days a year so I remove the antenna in the "off" season. hehe

MIke

#249713 - 09/15/08 04:19 PM Re: I Have A Childhood Dream [Re: Barkabus]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I got my first 23-channel in 1975, and right now I own 5 CB radios. My newest one in a Texas Ranger with upper and lower sideband that I got on-sale for $149. Now all that I need is a good linear and an echo mike, and I'll be ready to walk the dog with the big boys.

They call me Big Red these days. In the past I went by Easy Money, Leadfoot, Bigfoot, Bad Attitude, Downhill Racer, and I started-out as the Cosmic Cowboy back from 1975 to 1980. Up until my medical leave, I used my CB every day at work for almost 30 years. Just 5 & 1/2 months to go before I can go back to work so that I can ask, "westbound, what's the chicken house doing???"

Mark

Geeders: Welcome to MS. Glad that you found us.

#249735 - 09/15/08 05:43 PM Re: I Have A Childhood Dream [Re: Trucker51]
feelingafraid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 5,471 FT above sea level

Edited by feelingafraid (11/24/08 06:52 PM)

#249835 - 09/16/08 09:36 AM Re: I Have A Childhood Dream [Re: feelingafraid]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Guys,

Thanks a lot! Yer right, I think this is sooo cool. And Mark, since, from the way you're talking, I have to have a name to go by on the air, if you're on the road and you hear someone hollering out by the name of Cow Pie, that'll be me! Another childhood thing. Now I just have to find a list of the slang that is used so I know what is being said on the air.

Toby, WHAT is so wrong with the '70s ride? I think it is cool! ANYWAY....

I think my next purchase is the $600 radar detector from Cobra. Supposed to be the top of the line if you don't wanta get caught....

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#249839 - 09/16/08 09:53 AM Re: I Have A Childhood Dream [Re: LN3(SS)]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sea Isle City, NJ
Why do you guys need all this stuff? Pretending to be cops?

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.