Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443413 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#248182 - 09/04/08 06:32 PM Newshift
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I used to chant this in a local Buddhist temple with a meditation group that meets there and only had the dimmest glimmer of it's meaning:

"Therefore, in emptiness no form, no feelings, perceptions, impulses, consciousness.
No eyes, no ears, no nose, no tongue, no body, no mind; no color, no sound no smell, no taste, no touch, no object of mind; no realm of eyes and so forth until no realm of mind consciousness"

I never could get it. How can you be conscious of unconsciousness? But it's starting to take hold. I couldn't explain it in a million years but I really feel like I'm becoming aware of a part of myself that is completely outside of this whole experience in a "place" (or nonplace) where nothing can touch me.

It doesn't matter what this person I imagine myself to be is going through because even in the middle of a PTSD flashback I am still aware of being somewhere else..something else..which is untouched by any of it.

I like it. I'm hoping it will come to replace the mental short circuiting (dissociation?)that has become a defensive reflex and interrupts my functioning. In all this turmoil I'm still finding my groove! It's groovy!

#248220 - 09/04/08 09:40 PM Re: Newshift [Re: blueshift]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
neti neti
witnessing awareness
way!
no way!
nice

C

#248243 - 09/05/08 04:55 AM Re: Newshift [Re: ineffable]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
A monk asked the master, "Two dragons are fighting over a pearl. Which one gets it?"
The master replied, "I'm just watching."

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#248244 - 09/05/08 05:00 AM Re: Newshift [Re: dgoods]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Meditation is wonderful isn't Blueshift. Congratulations.

#249680 - 09/15/08 01:50 PM Re: Newshift [Re: M3]
blueshift Offline

I really am amazed at how, with all the powerful tools I have at my disposal, I still manage to have problems! This one though transcends problems and everything else. It's very subtle though.

#249706 - 09/15/08 03:39 PM Re: Newshift [Re: blueshift]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
I would like to learn how to meditate, as I believe it to be one of those final frontiers. (also curious about kundalini yoga).

I would like to add my out of body experiences (as a result of deep tissue massages continue to be, hip jiggy cool, beyond bizzare,exhilerating and totally surreal.

I've scheduled a trip on the 22nd.

Funny thing is...I don't know where I'm going.

Take the long way home (Supertramp)

island

#249777 - 09/15/08 09:26 PM Re: Newshift [Re: 1islandboy]
blueshift Offline

Show off! lol I'm just so jealous though. I'll tell you how to meditate if you tell me how to get an out of body experience and a massage at the same time! \:\) It sounds awesom!

Different people find different ways effective for meditation. What I do is essentially listen and anything I am not hearing with my physical ears I terminate with extreme prejudice.

That works for me because it kind of reduces the whole thing to blips on the radar screen and trigger happy reflex--kind of like a video game. That helps eliminate the silly tendency my mind has to meditate by thinking about meditating.

It pulls that crap on me and so that's what I mean by "terminate with extreme predudice" . It doesn't matter if I just remembered God's phone number! If I'm meditating and it isn't something I am hearing or seeing with my physical eyes and ears it's OUTA HERE!

You could try that for yourself but like I said there's different ways for different folks. I only know the way I do it cuz once I found it worked for me I stopped trying other ways having found something suitable.

Almost any activity though that does not involve left brain activity (reasoning,discriminating,making distinctions and categorizations) can be meditation. This could include dancing, running, performing music, or even driving a car (so long as sleepiness is not a problem) to name a few. It's just a matter of focusing unwavering attention on the activity and the sensations associated with it.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.