Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
3 registered (woodenshoes, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63404 Topics
443305 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#249427 - 09/13/08 07:42 PM Comforting Spirits
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

OK, this question is coming out of left field. I apologize upfront for the weirdness of it.

During the time frame of your abuse have you been consoled or comforted by someone or something that you believed or thought to be a spirit or angel? If so how did you know it was a spirit or angel? What things did this or these entities do for you? Do you still have contact with this or these entities? If not, when and how did the contact stop?

Again, sorry for the strange question.

Thanks,
Mike

#249448 - 09/14/08 01:02 AM Re: Comforting Spirits *DELETED* [Re: Barkabus]
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
Post deleted by terpprm

#249453 - 09/14/08 02:16 AM Re: Comforting Spirits [Re: terpprm]
behindthewall Offline

Loc: US
I experienced RA up until I was 14. There were many times during that period, during the larger ceremonies, when I heard a female voice telling me I was going to make it through whatever they were doing to me, to hang on. It always seemed to comfort me. I know it wasnt nebody there cuz there were never any women present. I don't know if it was a spirit an angel or what but I'm glad they were around.

#249458 - 09/14/08 02:46 AM Re: Comforting Spirits [Re: behindthewall]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

behindthewall,

Thanks for giving us this account. Why do you think you were comforted by this unknown entity? Assuming you trusted what it said to you, why did you trust it? Do you miss it?

#249488 - 09/14/08 10:22 AM Re: Comforting Spirits [Re: Barkabus]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Mike,

Hebrews 13:2 refers to how some have "entertained angels unawares." So my thought is if this is true, then there could have been several times when angels attended to me and I did not even perceive their presence as angels. I can't give a personal account of such. I can only give account to how a stranger came into my life here or there momentarily to aid me along the way. Someone spoke so beautifully to me once in a simple AOL chat room years ago, I was moved to think it was a divine message.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#249493 - 09/14/08 10:43 AM Re: Comforting Spirits [Re: FormerTexan]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Mike,

I never had the conscious feeling as a child of being consoled or comforted by angels, but I do believe they were all around me at various times, like Andy referred to above. Such as when I was 14 and about to ride my bicycle into the path of a train because I couldn't take it any more. I believe with all my being now that it was God that kept that from happening because He had a larger plan for me and my life. At the time, I looked upon it as my own failure, but I think otherwise now.

#249532 - 09/14/08 01:57 PM Re: Comforting Spirits [Re: EGL]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Mike

At age 12 I went through horrible treatment at a 2-week boy scout camp. I was subjected to brutal and sadistic sex. At one point I believe I was asphyxiated by a procedure. I believe that I died and that I was then surrounded by bright light. I believe that the light was God's presence. Then I revived.

Here I am today.

Allen

puffer

#249541 - 09/14/08 03:32 PM Re: Comforting Spirits [Re: Barkabus]
behindthewall Offline

Loc: US
i dont know why. a lot of the stuff that happened was right around or in a cemetary in new orleans. i always thought it was a spirit from there. i guess i trusted/believed it because, well i was a kid. all these horrible things were happenin, i suppose i wanted something i could grap onto and that was it.

i dont miss it, because like others have said, i think it has manifested in other ways. there have been people that have come into my life for just a moment that have had impact and kept me from doing really stupid stuff. im alive right now because of it.

i dont know the bible real good or anything like that, i just know what i believe. i think everybody has somebody watching over them. i dont know why, with that something/someone there, all the bad stuff still happens..maybe that something/someone is what gets us through all of it. i dont know..im rambling so im going to stop.

Edited by behindthewall (09/14/08 04:39 PM)

#254275 - 10/10/08 10:36 PM Re: Comforting Spirits [Re: behindthewall]
arronb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Perth
Guardian Angels

I tend to stay out of the spirituality forum, my beliefs are my own, and I don’t feel the need to justify them or the need to defend them ... I was bought up Catholic, I don’t follow any brand of religion now though, but as a part of my upbringing I was taught to believe in Angels ... and I do, if that qualifies me as being nuts then so be it \:\)

Something happened to me in the chat room in the first month or so that I was at MS that had me really confused for a while ... it changed my perspective of when the abuse started for me in my family and what I thought went on back then.

This experience no longer confuses me, now it comforts me but at the time I didn’t know what was happening and it frightened me no end ... I couldn’t tell anyone before because I thought everyone would think I was nuts, yet I risk that now because my recent absence from MS has highlighted to me the benefits of being at MS and interacting with people and getting their feedback ... I will try to tell you what happened and try to find the right words to describe my feelings at the time ...

I was talking to someone who I hardly knew then, but has since become a good friend, talking about how I believe in guardian angels, when he posted a song, the song triggered a strong emotional response in me, memories of a Catholic upbringing came flooding back and then I had what I now know to be a flashback ...

Listening to the song I can see me when I was kid at the age of about 5 or 6 ... it was me crying to my mum asking her not to leave me, but it wasn’t just crying I was begging, pleading for her to stay and I could feel how desperate the kid was that she not leave him, it was a friggin’ horrible feeling !!! Then I see my mum lean down and she whispers in my ear and leaves ... I remember clearly her saying to me “Be good, just do what he wants and it will all be over soon” ...

Then the kid is being let away by a man, he is grabbing at the kid ... I can’t see the man’s face but it feels like my dad, the kid is terrified – at this point I was terrified myself and accidently closed the chat down, I was actually trying to stop the song but hit the wrong button LOL – Being a novice in chat at that time I returned, not wanting to offend anyone by my sudden departure, the song had stopped playing by then but I kept hitting play, when the song would start I could again feel the kid being terrified, but it was like I was no longer the kid, but I am seeing the scene in my mind from 10 feet away, the man is blocking my view of the kid, but I can see the man is doing something to the kid and the kid is screaming and is in terrible pain.

Then from behind where I was standing watching there’s this force that comes rushing thru and past me, I can’t see it but I can feel it, it’s going really fast and it’s really powerful ... it goes thru the man and grabs the kid and takes him away.

The song is still playing but I am not looking at the pictures, and the song is demanding I look, so when I click on to the video it’s on a bit where there is a angel holding or cradling a man, but I don’t see the man in the picture because I can see myself in the arms of an angel, then I see an image of the kid again, he is looking at me as he sits holding on to the angel and I hear the kid saying “it’s ok everything is going to be alright”, at the same time this was happening the feeling of terror that I had been feeling is being replaced by something, I don’t know how to describe the feeling but it’s like there is a warmth that is flooding over me, I feel totally safe & protected ... and then I see the kid and me both sitting in the angels lap.

This feeling was so powerful, I have never felt anything like it before. I replayed the song 9 or 10 times and every time I hit that image of the angel holding the man those feelings and images repeated in my mind and I could hear the words “it’s ok everything is going to be alright”, when they were spoken a huge wave of relief washed over me.

So thru this experience in chat I realized that my abuse had started at a much earlier age than I first thought and that I indeed did have a guardian angel looking after me,
Of course now I realize that what really happened to me as a child during those horrible moments of abuse with my father was dissociation ... it matters not ... I still have my angel Raphael looking out for me.

I still get that feeling from listening to that song, I have been listening to it a lot lately because I have been feeling lost and confused, it triggers me into a place where I lose myself completely when the music starts ... afterwards I realise I have ‘checked out’ again and I have been able to stop the sobbing and the feeling of hopelessness for a little while, it’s a beautiful song and has been a saving grace for me lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jReLRxrCJqU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyCDUH-DEME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF8unwxhNho

Angels are the thoughts of God, and in Heaven, humans think like angels. Angels light the way. Angels do not begrudge anyone anything, angels do not tear down, angels do not compete, angels do not constrict their hearts, angels do not fear. That's why they sing and that's how they fly. We, of course, are only angels in disguise.
—Excerpted from A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of

#254541 - 10/12/08 08:04 AM Re: Comforting Spirits [Re: Barkabus]
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: Barkabus
During the time frame of your abuse have you been consoled or comforted by someone or something that you believed or thought to be a spirit or angel? If so how did you know it was a spirit or angel? What things did this or these entities do for you? Do you still have contact with this or these entities? If not, when and how did the contact stop?

Hi Mike,

About a decade ago - I started recalling my childhood for the first time in 20 years. The first memory to come back to me - overwhelmed me. I had a memory coming to the surface of speaking with a real life "angel" when I was eight years old. I had spent my adult life without much belief in such things.

Later,
Dave

Edited by dking777 (10/25/09 12:27 AM)

Bittersweet Symphony

#254764 - 10/12/08 10:45 PM Re: Comforting Spirits [Re: arronb]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: arronb
Guardian Angels

Then from behind where I was standing watching there’s this force that comes rushing thru and past me, I can’t see it but I can feel it, it’s going really fast and it’s really powerful ... it goes thru the man and grabs the kid and takes him away.
I can see myself in the arms of an angel, then I see an image of the kid again, he is looking at me as he sits holding on to the angel and I hear the kid saying “it’s ok everything is going to be alright”,
it’s like there is a warmth that is flooding over me, I feel totally safe & protected ... and then I see the kid and me both sitting in the angels lap.

Ps 34:7
7 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.
NIV

#254891 - 10/13/08 01:38 PM Re: Comforting Spirits [Re: pufferfish]
sunwolf Offline

Loc: Indiana

*** TRIGGERS ***

Yes I have felt that too...when i was being raped or hit badly by my brother and cousins I always felt there was someone that would protect me from futher harm...at nights i would feel the presence of angels or some one there that would soothe me to sleep..when i was going to get punsihed by my aunt or mother with enemas i felt them telling me it will be over soon...you will survive...
When i grew up i started meditating and then in a trip to Arizona i met this native shamman that we engaged in a "trip" and he called me "sunwolf"...in the vision i was attacked by dogs and then i turned myslef into a big wolf ...and I defended myslef from them...i use a wolf token in my neck and i feel protected now...but I think most of us have felt angels or others helping us to survive.

[Edited by ModTeam to add trigger warning]

Edited by ModTeam (10/13/08 07:03 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.