Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
1 registered (sentry), 16 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63422 Topics
443381 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#251686 - 09/28/08 08:53 PM Re: Dream Last Night [Re: KENKEN]
oriolesguy Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
I had another one last night. Every so often it happens. I woke up with a start, and I don't know if I was talking in my sleep or not. It didn't wake my wife up (thank god!) but one time it did and I couldn't tell her why. I hope this is just a "phase" that will go away. Or am I being naive?
Anybody know about this?

Oriolesguy

#251705 - 09/28/08 10:11 PM Re: Dream Last Night [Re: oriolesguy]
Davesc Offline

Loc: NJ
I have had the same dream all my life. Im57. My parents are in the doorway of my bedroom laughing at me and throwing giant puff balls that seem to smother me. I used to wake up in a sweat. Now when I get the dream I look at it as if from a distance. It doesn't have the power it used to have. Hope that helps. I have told my t and wife about this dream. It helped to talk to them. Talk to your wife. You picked her because she is something special. Let her show you how special she is. give her a chance to help you. Keep healing Dave

#251725 - 09/28/08 11:47 PM Re: Dream Last Night [Re: Davesc]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Oriolesguy,

Many times the nightmares will end when you have successfully processed the memories and emotions attached to them. So, I guess you can say it is a phase, but the length of the phase depends on your recovery.

Michael

#251730 - 09/28/08 11:59 PM Re: Dream Last Night [Re: Barkabus]
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
I see them as three disjointed themes around your healing journey. Though first one is fairly direct and straight forward, and separate from the latter two, which are sort of connected.

Interpreting the Part I - Inside the Jail, is fairly simple - You are inside the survivor prison, and label of 'Survivor' that is stuck with you! The fear is of being humiliated if you step put of your survivor prison, and come out with your secret in public, as you already feel different and that people can spot you by your tag, even your license plate has some identification that separates you from the public! May be its time to get rid of your tag and step into the real world, outside the prison, you have remained a survivor for long, time to move on!

Keep a dream diary, and allow the interpretations to comes from the source, where the dreams originate from!

Part II
- With the T inside the car - You have put your T in the drivers seat of your recovery journey, who is taking you head on into the past, so that you may collide with it, and that is what you may be fearing all this while - confronting the past or its fears! You want him to be careful and keep you safe instead, but then you can either be safe or heal.

Part III - Inside the hospital - Your T (Life) is wanting you to commit to a greater level to your healing, and making it is easy for you, but you are unwilling to let go of your comfort levels, - dogs.

Part IV - Penis dream - Fear of being emasculated, of your masculinity! But then you know that all you have to say is - NO!

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#251949 - 09/29/08 08:56 PM Re: Dream Last Night [Re: Morning Star]
lungfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: nowhere special nj
I too suffer from nightmares. I dream of zombies. Sometimes there fast sometimes slow. More often they not I have weapons. Quite often i am a killing machine. There worst ones are when I have to protect someone, which is usually a small male child. (anyone see the symbolism there)

I transfer these dreams into my life. I view the mass of humanity as mindless zombies or as i like to call them sheeple. Due to the abuse I have suffered and the dreams I have a house full of weapons. When I see someone being mean to a child or any type of underdog my blood boils and I have to restrain myself from severe overreactions.

Hey Barkabus, Thanks for the post. My dogs are my favorite thing in the world. My soulmate is Ruby monkey and she too is getting long in the tooth. When I think that one day she wont be with me it reduces me to tears(like now). Let me know if you ever need support because I really understand. hope all is well. Pete

Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like to be taught. -Sir Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.