Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
1 registered (I Want 2 Thrive), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444204 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#249100 - 09/11/08 01:41 AM I'm SOO UNBEARABLY UNCOMFORTABLE(TRIGGER WARNING)
Marinan Offline

Why is it that I waste away in my pain? I'm constantly burning in flames and no one is doing anything aboutit. Its my fault because I don't want to tell anyone that I've been raped as a little boy.

Edited by Ken Singer, LCSW (10/16/08 01:31 PM)

#249117 - 09/11/08 08:38 AM Re: I'm SOO UNBEARABLY UNCOMFORTABLE [Re: Marinan]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Keeping secrets keeps the pain inside of you. When you disclose to the right person, you let it out. Instead of the secret controlling you, you can control it by exposing it to someone, whether people here of someone in your life.

Take a look at:

http://www.malesurvivor.org/ArchivedPages/singer3.html

Good luck.
Ken

#249147 - 09/11/08 01:46 PM Re: I'm SOO UNBEARABLY UNCOMFORTABLE [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
i was also raped as a little boy Marinan.

was going to make this post longer, but what else is there to say.

Hey Marinan, me too bro

Stay strong.
Mike

#249282 - 09/12/08 12:45 PM Re: I'm SOO UNBEARABLY UNCOMFORTABLE [Re: mogigo]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Keep talking man. We've talked a few times in chat and you've shared a bit, and that's good.

I hate being alone and know how scary it is to start to share things, but Ken is right, as you being to talk about it, the pain begins to come out. Hurts for sure, but it's the only way for it to get better.

Keep talking!

#249362 - 09/13/08 06:52 AM Re: I'm SOO UNBEARABLY UNCOMFORTABLE [Re: JustScott]
heartouch Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arkansas
when i was 16 years old i was raped.
i just had a flashback as i was coming to awake from asleep a few minutes ago this is something i have never looked at in a long time. i have just cried some of the deepest pain i have felt in a long time. i feel relieved, i fell relaxed, i am taking deep breaths as i type this i am hopeful. i just wanted to share with you. i disclosed to my partner what was going on this week last night , he was compassionate. i will share this part of my story with him today.. WOW. thanks for your listening and i trust you.
tony

#255617 - 10/16/08 01:21 PM Re: I'm SOO UNBEARABLY UNCOMFORTABLE [Re: heartouch]
sunwolf Offline

Loc: Indiana
many of us been raped...talking about it is good..don't let that prevent you from healing and being freed from pain...

#255620 - 10/16/08 01:33 PM Re: I'm SOO UNBEARABLY UNCOMFORTABLE(TRIGGER WARNI [Re: Marinan]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
bump so that trigger warning shows

#255626 - 10/16/08 01:52 PM Re: I'm SOO UNBEARABLY UNCOMFORTABLE(TRIGGER WARNING) [Re: Marinan]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Everyone is absolutly right!

I was gang-raped at eleven by four teen-aged boys. The experience was such a shock to psyche that I blocked the whole event out for thirty one years. When the memories came back I thought I was losing my mind and the last thing in the world that I wanted to do was to tell. I couldn't even say it aloud to myself, let alone another person.

Very long story, short....I finally told, and then told again and again and again...'till it seemed I couldn't shut up about it.

For as much as it hurts at first (I thought I was gooing to die from the pain & the embarassement), it gets easier with the telling but most importantly is that telling is freeing - the pain lessens and from there we find ways to deal with it and ultimatly recover.

Choose who you reveal to, and then go for it. You will be so glad that you did!

#255634 - 10/16/08 02:48 PM Re: I'm SOO UNBEARABLY UNCOMFORTABLE(TRIGGER WARNING) [Re: joelRT]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I know this may seem unsufferably naive, but

is forced fellatio (oral sex) considered rape?

Allen

puffer whistle

#255661 - 10/16/08 05:30 PM Re: I'm SOO UNBEARABLY UNCOMFORTABLE(TRIGGER WARNING) [Re: pufferfish]
NY Daisy Offline
New Here

Isn't any act of sex without your consent considered rape? Isn't any sexual activity between an adult and child considered rape?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.