Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
3 registered (bluesky, motmcd, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444459 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#249066 - 09/10/08 09:34 PM Question about the chat
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
For the first time tonight (I admit I am rather new), I encountered a female moderator. Don't get me wrong, I think she is great. But I have a question.

She may be a moderator, but she is still, in the way I understand it, one of the Family & Friends. There is a forum for those important people on the chat.

Does this mean that women can log onto chat (the main room)? I ask this because I am not always comfortable sharing things with women present. I have enough of that in SIA.

Please, this is not meant as an insult or anything else to all the women who support survivors!!! I just need to know.

Thanks,

Paul

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#249068 - 09/10/08 09:39 PM Re: Question about the chat [Re: Tinman]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi, Paul. Yes, women can log into and participate in the main chat room. We do, however, ask that they identify themselves to the room as a woman, and if anyone feels uncomfortable with them being there that they (the female) respect that and remove themself to the F&F chat room if they want to stay.

Glad you made it to the chat room, Paul, it's another great healing source of this site.

Regards,
Eddie

#249069 - 09/10/08 09:48 PM Re: Question about the chat [Re: EGL]
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
Ok, clear about this.

And I have to give her a lot of credit. Instead of being insulted when I PM'd her in the chat, she offered to leave. That is dedication.

She knows why I asked the question and had concerns and she answered them kindly and with a whole lot of compassion.

Thanks, Trish!

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#249070 - 09/10/08 09:56 PM Re: Question about the chat [Re: Tinman]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
We're good Paul. You were kind and honest with me and the only way for me to respond to that was in the same way. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Trish

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.