Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63230 Topics
442166 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18
Topic Options
#246690 - 08/26/08 11:03 PM Re: I want 2 minutes of my life back... [Re: ak]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
I'm in on this thread while I'm hurting. So please be gentle with me.

KT, I will let my room be the MS HQ as long as it can be configured to the Control Room of a U.S. Navy Los Angeles class attack submarine. I will gladly stand duty here as I need to feel safe right now. I don't. I post this video to give all the nubs here an idea as to what Control looks like.

Brian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGKBd6mn3Cw&feature=related

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#246692 - 08/26/08 11:10 PM Re: I want 2 minutes of my life back... [Re: LN3(SS)]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I want a room where there are no TVs, radios, newspapers, or any type of sensory input that even hints at politics. Will it ever end????? Arrrgghh. I need to move to an island somewhere and make that my room. That Tom Hank's movie from a few years ago called "Cast Away" where he was marooned on a Pacific island - man, as hard as the life was to just survive, it sure looked like paradise at times.

#246714 - 08/27/08 01:20 AM Re: I want 2 minutes of my life back... [Re: EGL]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
For $35 million I just want a little place at the top of a rocky saddle, 2000 vertical feet up a mountain. Kind of like Frank Lloyd Wright's home Fallingwater, I would like an artsy modern design place with a rushing creek cascading through the deeply sunken tiered living room, billiard room, and wet bar area. This level should also have a 3/4 bath. On the one side of the living room, up a flight of open stairs, would be a large eat-in kitchen with a deck on two sides, an office, and a 3/4 bath. Across a telescoping connecting bridge would be the huge master suite, with a king bed and another wrap-around deck. The walls would be native stone. The master bath would have a giant in-ground whirlpool hot tub in a separate room with a huge view of the valley below. The master suite would include a personal library with french doors opening onto a private shaded deck too.

The living room would have a walk-out to a swimming pool and a private in-ground hot tub, with a flagstone patio surrounded by a rock wall and a huge dropoff on the other side of it. And underneath the kitchen wing, off of the living room, would be a home stadium theater with three rows of leather theater recliners, a workout room with its own 3/4 bath, and a mechanical services room. All of the 3/4 baths should have double-size showers. And instead of a garage, there would be an aerial tramway to the valley below big enough to hold at least 20 people. Attached to the tram house there would be a building with two luxury guest 1 bedroom-loft, 1.75-bath suites, plus a small one-bedroom condo for the butler that my wife and I are going to need.

And behind the house, across the saddle, would be a 3-hole golf course, with a long par-5 out, then a short par-4 and a par-3 coming back in. This means that the saddle will need to be about 2,000 feet tip-to-tip, and about 400-500 feet wide. The par-3 should be around 185 yards from the tips across the trophy trout pond to a floating island green. The 591-yard par-5 will tee over the same pond to a narrow landing area with a huge dropoff to the left and tall pines to the right, with your 2nd over a 150-yard deep ravine. Your 3rd will be a short pitch across a creek to a small hilltop green with a dropoff on three sides. The 387-yard par-4 will also have a ravine-clearing shot on the player's 2nd shot. Three trips around the course would make a regulation nine. There should be a heliport too.

Most of the time it would just be my wife and I sitting out by the pool sipping whatever we fancy that day. But once every summer, I would throw the yearly MS benefit golf tournament, and maybe over Labor Day weekend each year I would have the Billiards, Burgers and Beer MS reunion, with live music, a celebrity guest speaker, an ice-sculpture contest, and dancing girls and hula hoops poolside....

Should be enough left over for a stable of fancy SUVs, a deluxe yacht, a luxury beachfront condo in Puerta Vallarta, and a trophy house waterfront at Lake Las Vegas. Maybe a Beech King Air too, along with a nice Bell Jet Ranger, and 2 sets of new Big Berthas and Pings with a couple of electric bag carts. On top of all that I would need a yearly stipend in the $300K range, just to pay my taxes and have a little fun too....

It sure is cool to dream about what we would do if we just had the dough....

All that it would take is $35 million, give or take a few bucks.

Keep dreaming,

Mark

#248046 - 09/03/08 04:06 PM Re: I want 2 minutes of my life back... [Re: Trucker51]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
We need a Pity Party room cuz everyone should throw one for themselves at least once.
Where there is always never enough & where you are guaranteed that nobody cares about or understands you.
The milk is always spilt, the presents are always the wrong size or colour & the balloons always break while being blown up.
Where you always drop your cake & they run out of ice cream just before you.
Where you can take EVERYTHING personally & pin the tail on yourself.
Stiff lower lip required for entry.
Frequent Whiner Rewards for really crappy merchandise.

Me first! Me! Me! Me!

lol

C

#248051 - 09/03/08 04:50 PM Re: I want 2 minutes of my life back... [Re: ineffable]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
lol i love it Craig

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#264262 - 11/29/08 12:06 AM Re: I want 2 minutes of my life back... [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
bump

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.