Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443285 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#247491 - 08/30/08 05:33 PM Re: chat room issue? [Re: Nathan LaChine]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Nathan:

Last night in the Mountain time zone, around midnight or later, I had two PMs to Andy (Former Texan) come-up immediately with the "Unread by: none" message, and this morning I found out that he didn't get them. I have since resent them on a different PM topic. Another thing that was going on for me last night was that portions of the site, like accessing the forum list, jumping between the forum and my PM list, or my (or others) post histories was loading really slowly. I have 1.5 mbs Qwest high-speed internet service which is slow by business standards, but last night the site was loading as slowly as dial-up. I am using a 4 year old Acer Aspire 5000 laptop with XP Home and an older version of Internet Explorer. My C drive is only 6% full and I use AVG. Was it Qwest or was it the site (or both)??? Normally (including today already) these type of transfers load within a second or two.

Just wondered,

Mark

#247656 - 09/01/08 01:13 AM Re: chat room issue? [Re: Trucker51]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Mark,

Just ran back through the server logs an I don't see any mass transfers during the last 12 hours. This would lead me to think that the issue was on your end of the net, but I could be wrong.

Nathan

#247670 - 09/01/08 04:57 AM Re: chat room issue? [Re: Nathan LaChine]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Nathan

The two PMs were #106523/106524 about 11:30-11:40 PM on Friday night the 29th. There was slow loading both before and after those PMs didn't go through. Andy said later that he had already deleted (on his end) the topic that I sent them on, which may have caused that part of the problem. I copied them and resent them on a different topic and he has them now. I was just trying to save PM topics as I have used plenty now.

Mark

#247764 - 09/01/08 06:57 PM Re: chat room issue? [Re: Trucker51]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
i noticed the other night things were running really slowly here, and so i assumed it was a site glitch because other sites were working fine

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.