Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
1 registered (lapchinj), 61 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438129 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#247691 - 09/01/08 10:54 AM Doing something just for ME! WOO!
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
So.... it's been a dream of mine for years and years to buy an old 8-bit Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) and all the games I had as a kid (and possibly more). I never could before, being way beyond broke for years, but now that I'm more stable (still not well off but I have enough), I decided to splurge and get it!

So, last Friday, I bought the NES and it's in the mail RIGHT NOW! on the way here! Rebuilt, everything cleaned inside, brand new high-end 72-pin connector! Like new!

I also bought 7 games so far on Friday (4) and Saturday (3), all ones I had (and CHERISHED) as a kid. \:\) I haven't bought all the ones I had as a kid yet, but made a huge dent! So next paycheck I'll probably buy the rest!

They aren't expensive at all because they're nearly 15 - 20 years old. LOL Most I paid for one so far was $15, and that was a popular title. They're pretty rugged games that last forever, not like these newer games on CD and stuff. LOL

So, so far the list includes (I love youtube! Anything is on there! LOL):

Mega Man 2

Mega Man 3

The Legend of Zelda

Bases Loaded

Super Mario Brothers 3

Double Dragon

Double Dragon II: The Revenge

I'm so excited! I feel like I'm taking a part of my childhood back for myself that I had given to my dad!! Wooo! \:\) I hope to find a huge pillow, too, to put my head on while I lay on the floor and play! \:\)

#247700 - 09/01/08 11:44 AM Re: Doing something just for ME! WOO! [Re: AndyJB2005]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Congratulations Andy!!

I'm so proud for you that you are taking your childhood back. Way to go!!

I had the old NES system too. My favorite game was Super Mario Brothers 2. I loved that you defeated the monster at the end by feeding him vegetables!

Make sure you go out and buy a bag full of your favorite candies and snacks and block off an entire day so when that system arrives, you can completely indulge your inner child with no interruptions or other commitments.

Excellent! ((Andy)) Have fun!!

Michael

#247704 - 09/01/08 12:05 PM Re: Doing something just for ME! WOO! [Re: M3]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
What fun!

Bon voyage! \:D

Allen

Puffer

#247710 - 09/01/08 01:00 PM Re: Doing something just for ME! WOO! [Re: pufferfish]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Andy,

Enjoy playing with your inner child.

mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#247720 - 09/01/08 02:20 PM Re: Doing something just for ME! WOO! [Re: michael banks]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Don't you have to be 18 or older to order this stuff online? \:\)

#247722 - 09/01/08 02:34 PM Re: Doing something just for ME! WOO! [Re: Hauser]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Andy,

Congrats, man! I own an 8 bit myself right now. It does make you smile, I promise. Wishing the best for you as you start.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#247723 - 09/01/08 02:40 PM Re: Doing something just for ME! WOO! [Re: Hauser]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
He must have stolen his parents credit card...

#247730 - 09/01/08 03:15 PM Re: Doing something just for ME! WOO! [Re: M3]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I would love to have a gameroom in my house showing the different stages of my game/development. Let's see, I would have to have a couple of old Gottlieb or Bally pinball machines like Drop-a-Card, Fireball, or Outer Space, from the 1960s and 70s, from my days hanging at the pool hall as a teenager, and I would have to have a foosball table too to show my progression from the pool hall to my playing at the semi-professional level. I would also have to have an arcade version of Missle Command, with the full-size track ball, just because I was really good at that game in the early 1980s. I already have a billiards table, and the newest item that I would just have to have would be a couple of older one-armed bandits like Unicorn or Diamond Flaming Sevens, with the payback turned-up to a positive expectation, just for fun. I already have a little kitchenette which could be the beginning of a wet bar in my family room. Then I would just need a couple of booths and some neon bar lights, and My Place would be in business.

Glad to hear that you are on your way to achieving your dreams Andy. One time on a friend's Atari game system back about 1990 I made it all of the way out of Chicago's Meigs Field to 15,000 feet in a Learjet before the thing stalled and I spun it all of the way back into Lake Michigan. That was before we discovered Leisure Suit Larry, which has to be one of my all-time favorite computer games. But be careful though, because I have a young relative who seems to be addicted to Warcraft these days.

Have fun,

Mark

#248155 - 09/04/08 03:38 PM Re: Doing something just for ME! WOO! [Re: Trucker51]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Got my NES today!!! So total so far I have 3 games, the console and 4 games in the mail still! Woo.

PLUS I found 4 games at the local thrift store! \:\) Total games in my possession: 7! (I'm guessing I'll be checking a lot now at the thrift store!)

My collection is growing! I hope to collect them all some day. Super NES games too! I've decided its my new hobby. \:\)

So I spent a couple of hours playing today. Mega Man mostly! Got all the way to Quickman's stage then kept dying and had to eat. LOL

I feel like a little boy on Christmas Day today. \:\)

#248156 - 09/04/08 03:46 PM Re: Doing something just for ME! WOO! [Re: AndyJB2005]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Cool beans. I stil have fond memories of my TI/99 and Colecovision...

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.