Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
3 registered (Frm73, 2 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444537 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#242759 - 08/06/08 01:22 PM Fellow veterans help ...i'm fed up
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
i am now getting real paranoid in that about 6 weeks ago i contacted my congressman and you know how all of that shit turned out.

I called the VA the other day and again this morning and usually they ask for information and your SS# well now the automated system is tellng me "they cannot access my file at this time"

what thats all about i'll never know but i am begining to think i have stepped on and f*cked with the wrong person(s).

I can't get a hold of my VSO lately( although i was told he's at the national convention and won't be back until the 14th of august and to call him then....blah blah blah blah.......

I am SO SICK AND DISGUSTED with this shit.....i regret ever going in the f*ckin navy ...you're treated like a f*ckin #### and nothing more.

As my veteran agent in my city said "coop maybe they're making damn sure if in fact they have your file that they don't screw it up and want to make sure they do it right otherwise they could get in alot of trouble"

Who knows anymore smitty i am fed up and so drained from fighting with them that it's as though my fighting is meaningless because no matter what i do it's not enough...

no matter what i say it's still not worth a piss hole in a snow bank.

i just want answers (good ones of course) and results so i can move the F$%^ on with my life yet at every corner i am stonewalled.

Maybe it's me feeling this way but i can say for certain i am not stupid and clearly something is wrong somewhere i feel like it's all my fault and i'm running out of pateince and energy ....it is taking it's toll on me and i want answers ..........i know i am getting the run around ....therefore if thats the case i have no one to blame but myself........you know what they say

"be careful what you ask for you just might get it"

#242771 - 08/06/08 02:48 PM Re: Fellow veterans help ...i'm fed up [Re: thecoopstah]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Coop,

I hear ya man...

working anything through veterans affairs can be very very frustrating - as sad as it is we really are just a # to them - but... you are a # that does matter - just remember - the squeaky wheel gets the grease

I know you don't want to wait till the 14th - but sadly that may just be the only option you have at this point other than going back to your city agent who probably won't be able to do anything

just speaking for myself personaly - but i totaly gave up on the system years ago - I am indeed a war vet (2 tours in Iraq) - yet... - anymore I basicaly want nothing to do with the VA - they just make things wayyy to darn hard and it just is'nt worth the effort for me... of course it does greatly help that I am employed and have healthcare through that company - otherwise I'm sure I'd be all over the VA for coverage considering that I never even should have been in the military at all with the genetic condition I have

I do wish you the very best of luck with them - don't give up on them unless other options are open to you

problems with their system are NOT your fault in any way!!! (there's thousands upon thousands of disgruntled vets that feel the same as you do)

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#242776 - 08/06/08 03:19 PM Re: Fellow veterans help ...i'm fed up [Re: TJ jeff]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Coop,

If the Rating Board has your file, the automated system is not able to access it. Sadly, what you have to do is trudge down there to get an answer. And all you'll get is whatever's on the routing slip.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
To all the vets on here: File a claim with the VA just to get the 10% rating for whatever to ensure you always have access to the VA Healthcare. With the way Congress keeps screwing us over, you never know when it'll come in handy.

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#247693 - 09/01/08 11:01 AM Re: Fellow veterans help ...i'm fed up [Re: LN3(SS)]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, Coop.
I know the run around that you and the others on this page are getting. I'm a Vietnam Vet. Since the day that I retired from the Air Force back in Feb. '79. I've been fighting them tooth and nail. I am a life memember of DAV & the Viet Nam Veterans of America. So after fighting the VA by my self, I "thought" hey just why do these various veterans organisations exist? To help us I thought. So I asked for help from the Vietnam Veterans, never got an answer, it took me about three months and some nasty letters to the DAV to give me a VSO. I got one, appealed some VA decisions a couple of YEARS ago, so far no answer. I think that the VA figures if they keep screwing around with us we'll be dead and then they will have saved some bucks. Just my opinion. Remember we were expendable then, and we still are. Heal well my brothers.
Pete

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#247697 - 09/01/08 11:27 AM Re: Fellow veterans help ...i'm fed up [Re: petercorbett]
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
Hi Pete,
Im sorry your having such a hard time with the VA, they have been very supportive to me ...I too am a vietnam vet..and a victim of agent orange..Please if I can help let me know...I got my VA rating from Florida...in like 6 months...To get my SS I had to get my senator.
Gary

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#247706 - 09/01/08 12:14 PM Re: Fellow veterans help ...i'm fed up [Re: wojax]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, Wojax
Hell I got my SS pretty quick, filled out the paper work at the Frankfurt consulate with my wife, and in three months later got notice that my first check will be forthcoming and it did. Now the VA in the beginning was fairly responsive, but as we keep having more health problems for the rated disability, they need more and more paperwork to get increases in ratings. Living overseas doesn't help any either. But nobody told me not to live in my own country either. However I will say this in defense of the VA I am coming to Texas this week for a three week vacation, well my buddy there had made me an appointment for the audiology clinic to get my aids updated, and maybe I can bend their ear on my tinnitis claim from my active duty days. I'm glad that you are getting the help that you need. Take care, heal well my friend.
Pete

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#247725 - 09/01/08 02:55 PM Re: Fellow veterans help ...i'm fed up [Re: petercorbett]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
To all the vets,

SSDI seems to be the easier of the two to get. There are statutory definitions of how you qualify, processing times and standards, etc. The regulatory framework is also very comprehensive and leaves very little room for discretion.

VA has a lot of "wiggle" room. If records are missing, they can deny your claim. If the doc is having a bad day at C&P, stand by. Also, there have been a lot of Congressional Inquiries over 100% rating for PTSD.

I have done both systems, am getting both, and found SS the easier of the two. I keep plenty of info on hand, paper and links, if any vet needs it here. Shoot me a message anytime.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.