Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (Logan), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446694 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#247661 - 09/01/08 01:57 AM hurricane
behindthewall Offline

Loc: US

#247663 - 09/01/08 02:26 AM Re: hurricane [Re: behindthewall]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
It puts you somewhere earlier in recovery before the point where you eventually accept, forget, or forgive your abusers. It isn't an especially bad place to be, because you are committed to your recovery and you have already reached-out for help. Plus you have all of the guys on the site here to offer their support. Just stay clean and stay committed to your recovery, and you will eventually find your freedom from your past, and will become much more optimistic about your future.

Have hope, recovery is possible.

Mark

#247673 - 09/01/08 07:56 AM Re: hurricane [Re: behindthewall]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
at your core, you are a good person. keep reminding yourself that. as far as trying not to think of the memories, that is like trying hold back a hurricane. keep on talking about it till all runs dry, and in the meantime, please try not to be too hard on yourself. you have enough suffering to deal with already. you're only human and you have the right to feel the way you do. at some point, and in your own time, you will move to the next stage of recovery. this process cannot be rushed. honor your process, and in the meantime, don't get too caught up in the thought patterns that your angry and sad feelings are manifesting at this time.

wishing you well,

ron

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.