Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (Nothing Man, woodenshoes, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64196 Topics
447987 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#247334 - 08/29/08 08:50 PM Something new for me.
kutcher Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Delaware
You people may regret giving me a forum to always come and have a say, it is becoming addictive so I apologize if I bore you or irritate you with all of my posts.

So I did something tonight I have not done in close to 20 years, I asked a male friend of mine to go out this weekend to talk about an activity we are both involved in.

I was funny I saw him at my son's football game and at first I tried to avoid him, but then I realized I was only losing out on a chance to make a connection, to be normal, so I gathered my courage (pathetic isnt) and walked over and began to engage him and the group in a conversation when a moment came and the rest of the group was distracted I asked if he wanted to go out on Saturday night and get something to eat and talk about this new project we were working on for our sons team.

I can't tell you how happy I was that I did it and his reaction was great, he smiled and got a twinkle in his eye and said that would be great fun (no rejection, no akwardness simply a friendly momement, I can hear the birds singing and see the angles smiling).

It was great, of course two minutes later his wife realizes what we did and talks about either coming as well or having us take th boys with us. Oh well I am supposed to call him and maybe I will try to use my humor to make it just an adult male night out we will see.

It works you reach out and some one is there and they smile, wow, who would have thought.

Thanks again for listening there was another exciting event for me today but I will try to refrain from posting as to not bore you or become an attenion hog.

Thanks for listening.

Dave

#247341 - 08/29/08 09:17 PM Re: Something new for me. [Re: kutcher]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wow Dave, engaging in "normal" activity? And all it took was gathering up some courage to talk to some guy you hardly know and now you've got a date??? No wonder his wife is exhibiting jealous behavior!!! :P JK

I think that's awesome. I hope you guys have a great time tomorrow.

I think I'm inspired. And yet the word "normal" scares the dickens out of me..hmmm

Mike

#247356 - 08/29/08 11:05 PM Re: Something new for me. [Re: Barkabus]
kutcher Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mike,

Thanks, great reply, gave me a great laugh and a great smile.

Gave me a great ending to a long.... day:)

#247365 - 08/30/08 12:46 AM Re: Something new for me. [Re: kutcher]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Dave:

That's great that you have a new social outlet. Have a great time. It kind of reminds me of my 30th year high school reunion 3 years ago. I found an old friend on Classmates.com, flew out there, and we had a great weekend together. I hadn't seen a lot of these people in 25 years and it was amazing how happy people were to see me. Over the last three years I have been able to stay in touch with several old friends. I hope that someday everyone is able to enjoy that kind of positive experience.

You just have to let yourself go a little bit.

Have fun,

Mark

#247394 - 08/30/08 09:07 AM Re: Something new for me. [Re: Trucker51]
kutcher Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mark,

Thanks. I will keep searching. I have seen your replies to a lot of people and your kind words and thoughts are very moving. Thanks for helping me and for being so supportive to everyone here.

I will have fun, DAMMIT:)

Dave

#247483 - 08/30/08 04:43 PM Re: Something new for me. [Re: kutcher]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Dave,

Keep posting away and sharing with us things that you are accomplishing.
You are such a positive influence.
Have a great time.

mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#247543 - 08/31/08 12:39 AM Re: Something new for me. [Re: michael banks]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Right on Dave. Good luck w that. \:\)

#247549 - 08/31/08 01:06 AM Re: Something new for me. [Re: blueshift]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
That's great, Dave, and it is no small accomplishment either. Reaching out to other men like this is something that is so hard for many men who have been abused. Well done! Let us know how it goes.

#247589 - 08/31/08 03:50 PM Re: Something new for me. [Re: EGL]
kutcher Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks guys it did not work out quite right in that his wife joined us and kept telling us what we should do on our project and correcting us, even tried to change my dinner order.

Any way it was pretty bad but at one point my friend just sighed and as his wife was distracted he winked and said "my bad", made the night there.

Thanks

Here is to trying again.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.