Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
6 registered (Drummer, bluesky, Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, CheerfulJohn, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63221 Topics
442075 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#216735 - 04/09/08 02:24 AM The book of me....
usmc97 Offline

Loc: Colorado
Not to mock or add to the Bible or anything like that... just something I wrote, I'm not sure what kind of response I'll get but I felt like posting it so here goes:

To my brother I ask what path he has foreseen for my being? Is it complete abandonment, to toil alone and fade from the population? To be left behind for the purpose of being destroyed? Though this sheep is not lost he is unseen. He is pushed away from the flock for fear of infectiousness, led to lag at the aft of all before him. Wandering afar, unable to find the path to join those of his likeness for he is maimed. The Shepherd knows he is lame and has not let the flock roam too distant for the one to not see direction. For He has led some to retrieve that which is broken as he observes and paces ahead.

The lame calls for assistance but his voice is weak. He continues in desperation for he sees the wolves behind him and the glimpse of Hope in front of him. Those who were led to take notice have looked to see that he still remains, they have journeyed close enough to the one to speak encouragement but not to hear his cry, for the wolves keep them at a distance. Fear of their own safety they return amongst the flock to report back to the Shepherd that the maimed one still follows.

Who will go to him and walk along side He asks to silence? Do they not hear his cries in the night? Do they continue on their way content in knowing that he is still in sight? When the sun falls and he is left in the dark cold with the wolves to keep him company, do they remember him? Are they not bothered by that knowledge while they the flock are comforted by warmth and protection of His flame that burns through the night? In blackness he is invisible and travels alone, marching in exhaustion trying to draw near to his Hope, never closer lacking help. His hope is faint, his pain endless and only opinion speaks as to why he exists. They have seen his scars fresh daily for he is left to be fed upon through the night. The false satisfaction that he remains seems to be enough for the flock. Though they do wish more they walk away in hopes that the Shepherd will come for him and triumph over the wolves. To the sheep he is as bait to keep the wolves at bay, for the flock believe they can not help him.

The Shepherd has guided them into his path and he to theirs for none seen him before. The Shepherd pacing, awaiting reunion. For He was the first to see him wondering in pain and strife. Is he the only sheep that none would assist? Who does not see that the Shepherd is present when one nears aid to another? Is it that this one is too lame for efforts or that he is not kin? That he is orphaned in that none have fathered or mothered him? That he is of age that none shall adopt or nurture? Why not allow the wounds to heal? What is it that is asked of him who is none other than their tormented brother? Would he not come to their aid? Who does not know that there is safety in numbers? What is the difference of being led away from the flock and being driven away?

Though he is lame he follows, he pushes forward through the night with the fire of the Shepherd in sight of his weeping eyes, clarified through the witness of his desperation. The question remains of if any heard his whispers other than the Shepherd. Why do they continue without his presence amongst the flock? For he has little hope but his knowledge of pain is immense. All he seems to ask is be his friend, walk with him, do not make him travel alone. For if you were sick would he leave you to be devoured so that he may live. Would he forget who his brother is or his worth? Is there any who would take the place of this lamb?

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#217202 - 04/10/08 11:18 PM Re: The book of me.... [Re: usmc97]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Tears of empathy. Hugs

#247581 - 08/31/08 02:43 PM Re: The book of me.... [Re: usmc97]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kevin,

You eloquently describe your plight in this post my friend. In your cold, dark place just beyond reach there are persistent predators that call your name from the shadows of the night. I hear their call in your words. I hear your pain and suffering. I have peered into the eyes of the beasts that stalk you, if only for a fleeting moment. I am here for you.

A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24

Your brother in healing,
Mike

#247586 - 08/31/08 03:40 PM Re: The book of me.... [Re: Barkabus]
kutcher Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Delaware
Kevin,

With tears running down my face I feel you, this is very much how I feel at night when the Demons come,

The poem is brave, beutifull and frigthening, please keep writing you seem to have a passion and you have moved this reader greatly today.

Thanks

Dave

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.