Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443352 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#247538 - 08/31/08 12:08 AM gargoylaphobia?
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
It just occurred to me that the avatar I just put up might freak some people out...probably not, but I know some people don't share my appreciation of gargoyles and associate them with satanism or some such thing.

For me they a beautiful genre of art and I don't think of them as symbols of anything evil, however if it does really disturb anyone, just pm me and let me know and I will then get an excuse to create yet another avatar..(i love making anamations! :))

#247598 - 08/31/08 04:55 PM Re: gargoylaphobia? [Re: blueshift]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Here's my favorite gargoyle. It's on the Washington National Cathedral.

http://www.cathedral.org/cathedral/discover/darth.shtml

Edited by Barkabus (08/31/08 05:11 PM)

#247629 - 08/31/08 11:06 PM Re: gargoylaphobia? [Re: Barkabus]
blueshift Offline

A star wars fan. May the force be with you jeti! \:\)

#247635 - 08/31/08 11:23 PM Re: gargoylaphobia? [Re: blueshift]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I like gargoyles. I took a lot of pictures of them this summer when we went to Scotland and was rambling around old castles and cathedrals. The artistry of them is just amazing.

#247641 - 08/31/08 11:44 PM Re: gargoylaphobia? [Re: blueshift]
blueshift Offline

Well, this thread has become irrelevant as the gargoyle was too freaky. I have another one with me in it but I'm turning into a black leopard which gets kinda in your face. But big cats have been dream allies for me and every once in a while one will come in on the scene of some lurid nightmare and then there's panther or tiger or something and usually what happens then is I wake up with no screaming or still feeling threatened.

You know, I keep hoping to see the leopard just kick some ass on the the bad guy some time, but strangely enough I can't seem to lucid-dream that part in. It's more like when the cat appears everything bad disappears. Some times my real cat (assuming dreams to be unreal..hmmm.)wakes me up from nightmares.

(Also wakes me up from a lot of nice peaceful sleep though 2.)

My dream allies are terribly unreliable, but on the other hand, they are the only things that ever come on the scene of a really bad dream and intervene..you know what I mean? Seriously I'm.. not trying to rhyme.. it just keeps happening ..and the crap gets more crappenning...I'll stop now. \:\)

#247644 - 08/31/08 11:51 PM Re: gargoylaphobia? [Re: EGL]
blueshift Offline

Originally Posted By: EGL
I like gargoyles. I took a lot of pictures of them this summer when we went to Scotland and was rambling around old castles and cathedrals. The artistry of them is just amazing.

Yeah, gargoyles inspire childlike wonder in me..at least I think that's what it is. I have a little mini collection of cheap little ones to keep me company and scare away the bad things.

#247777 - 09/01/08 08:31 PM Re: gargoylaphobia? [Re: blueshift]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
i just love the morphing process. the newest version rocks! it is mesmorizing!

..........................heart
...........................star
.......................ying-yang
........................gargoyle
.......................peace sign

it could help with emdr for those who can't afford therapy

li'l ole me

#247790 - 09/01/08 09:48 PM Re: gargoylaphobia? [Re: Sans Logos]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
I used to have a little wall-gargoyle i named Otto, so i'm definitely gargoyle-friendly, but the leopard is cool, too.
If any of you are "Blade Runner" fans, my avatar hopefully makes sense to you ;-)

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#247802 - 09/01/08 11:39 PM Re: gargoylaphobia? [Re: dgoods]
blueshift Offline

Originally Posted By: dgoods
I used to have a little wall-gargoyle i named Otto, so i'm definitely gargoyle-friendly, but the leopard is cool, too.
If any of you are "Blade Runner" fans, my avatar hopefully makes sense to you ;-)

OH!THAT'S where that came from! All this time it's looked darn familiar but I just couldn't place it. Yeah, "Blade Runner" was an awesome movie. My gargoyles have names too. Sherwood the winged dog (or something that looks like a dog (?) is guardian of my computer monitor.

#247803 - 09/01/08 11:39 PM Re: gargoylaphobia? [Re: dgoods]
blueshift Offline

Originally Posted By: dgoods

OH!THAT'S where that came from! All this time it's looked darn familiar but I just couldn't place it. Yeah, "Blade Runner" was an awesome movie. My gargoyles have names too. Sherwood the winged dog (or something that looks like a dog (?) is guardian of my computer monitor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.