Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
4 registered (Tiger1982, susie, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63180 Topics
441792 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#247476 - 08/30/08 04:27 PM Chat Room
kutcher Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Delaware
Do the chat rooms work? I was in them my first day or so and I was talking and get getting bumped out. Now only the lounge ever seems to have anyone in it, it is usually one other member and I never get a response.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Any help would be welcome

Dave

#247478 - 08/30/08 04:32 PM Re: Chat Room [Re: kutcher]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dave,

The chat room do work. There is four rooms in there, and most often if someone is there, they will be in lounge. You can see if someone is in any of other rooms. The 'Friends and Family' room is where significant others, mostly ladies, can talk if any of the men in lounge are uncomfortable with a lady present. The 'Treehouse' is just an extra room to go to if the talk in the lounge is triggering or you just need a break from it or something. The 'Survivor support' room is more reserved for serious and possibly triggering issues, rather then some of the 'small talk' that will often happen in the lounge. You also have the ability to create your own room, and make it either public or private.

I have some issues sometime of getting 'bump' out often, and then other times, I can be in there for some hours without difficulty. I think it just is my connection.

If you do not get a response from a person in there, remember they may be doing other things on computer and not know you are there; or they are away of computer; or perhaps they just want to be able to sit in there and 'be' somewhere, but not feeling like talking. It is not meant to be personal, I am sure. If I am in there, I do try to see when someone else come in and at least say hello and ask how they do.

It may be less use right now because for U.S. it is holiday weekend and some people may be away from home.

andrei

#247482 - 08/30/08 04:39 PM Re: Chat Room [Re: ak]
kutcher Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Delaware
Thanks I will keep trying.

Dave

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.