Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
8 registered (estuardo, jq19712, Mike Boyd, 5 invisible), 58 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62563 Topics
438366 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#247626 - 08/31/08 10:47 PM Re: I HATE LABOR DAY [Re: OKIE MIKE]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Michael,

It must be really rough this weekend. I hope you feel safer here online with your friends and that we can be of some solace.

I don't associate my so much with the time of year as I do the location. I still sometimes have trouble going back to the town where I was raped (which happens to be the town my mother moved to a couple of years ago).

Talking about it, writing about it, finding ways to express these emotions will help you get through the weekend. Have you talked to your therapist about this?

Michael

#247664 - 09/01/08 02:51 AM Re: I HATE LABOR DAY [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
One of my abusers was a two-tour Vietnam combat Marine. His abuse of me started when I was 12 and he was home on leave. There were several ever more violent incidents between 1970 and 1972, which ended just before I turned 15. I know where he lives, his email address, and know that he has some close connection to a religious boarding school. When he found out about anonymous no-name accusations that someone else had written in their book he threatened to sue the author. It was a bit odd because he wasn't specifically named. That was back in 1997 and I haven't heard anything since out of him, though I know that a couple of his siblings won't talk to him anymore because of his reaction to the book.

Years ago it was quite common to blame the young male victim. In my first group in 1987 the facilitator told of the early days of male recovery from the late 1970s and early 1980s. I was scared to death to tell anyone back then. When I first tried to my own mother beat me up for allegedly lying about her church friends, and the 2nd time I told anyone, the Vermont Highway Patrol sent me back home with my abuser, for more abuse. In neither case was I believed. After those two tries it was another 12 years of personal hell before I found the courage to open the front door at my first therapist's office.

Talk to our Navy man Brian (LN3-SS)? or Peter Corbett, among others, about military abuse and attempts by the military to cover it up. Have you seen Mic Hunter's latest book? It is all about victims of military abuse. I would suggest looking up his book ABUSED BOYS on Amazon.com, then look through other titles by the author to find his new book. There should be some reviews on Amazon too.

Anyway, the holiday will be over soon. Have hope, my man. Recovery is possible.

Mark

#247665 - 09/01/08 03:00 AM Re: I HATE LABOR DAY [Re: Trucker51]
Dude. Offline

Loc: USA
I hate labor day as well.

Edited by Dude. (09/01/08 03:05 AM)

#247677 - 09/01/08 08:17 AM Re: I HATE LABOR DAY [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
i'm sorry with you mike. i hope you can spend the day surrounded by real love and affection you so deeply deserve.

your brother in recovery,

ron

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.