Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
5 registered (GT13568, 4 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63562 Topics
444096 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#247379 - 08/30/08 03:55 AM I HATE LABOR DAY
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
In 1977 I was raped on labor day weekend.

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#247391 - 08/30/08 08:26 AM Re: I HATE LABOR DAY [Re: OKIE MIKE]
conflicted Offline

Loc: Greenville, SC
Michael,

how old were you? old enough to remember the event and associate the holiday with it... so very sorry for your pain. It is bad enough to remember, but have it reoccur each day by a holiday is much more painful.

need someone to talk to... i am here.

bill

my story...finally out *triggers*

#247396 - 08/30/08 09:30 AM Re: I HATE LABOR DAY [Re: conflicted]
kutcher Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Delaware
Michael,

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for you. I have just recently begun to remember what happened to me, it is still not all clear, and my birthday is just days away, I have not desire to celibrate.

So my heart goes out to you and I will be thinking of you this weekend and hoping you can find some peace in a future labor day.

Dave

#247422 - 08/30/08 10:56 AM Re: I HATE LABOR DAY [Re: kutcher]
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

((((((Michael)))) \:\(

#247424 - 08/30/08 10:58 AM Re: I HATE LABOR DAY [Re: FLRich]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Sorry this holiday carries this bad reminder, Michael. I hope you get to a point some day where you're at peace on this holiday.

#247429 - 08/30/08 11:24 AM Re: I HATE LABOR DAY [Re: EGL]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but until a few years ago Christmas was very depressing for me.

Allen

pufferfish

#247446 - 08/30/08 01:50 PM Re: I HATE LABOR DAY [Re: pufferfish]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Michael:

All of my different incidents spanned the entire year, but I suppose that more than half occurred between late Spring and early Fall. The most abusive single incident was in September, though I don't know an exact date other than 1975, and my 2nd most abusive series of incidents was either in late January or early February. My 3rd and 4th most abusive series of incidents occurred all during the year, whenever these two perps babysat. My first attempt at disclosure at age 15 and its violent consequences happened in the 3rd week of August, which followed my most abusive incident at the hands of either of my babysitters by 3 weeks. I turned age 15 between the two. While I have never really connected any particular time of year to my abuse and possible felings of sadness or extra stress, though if I had to I would pick the three months from mid-June to mid-September as having the most negative effect in my life.

Sorry to hear about your level of dread of the Labor Day holiday. As you continue to progress and begin to shift your focus away from your past fears, toward optimism for your future unhindered by your past, I hope that this dread of a certain time of year will begin to affect you less and less.

Have hope, recovery is possible.

Mark

#247447 - 08/30/08 01:51 PM Re: I HATE LABOR DAY [Re: pufferfish]
OKIE MIKE Offline

I was 18. And in the US Army at Fort Hood TX. Yes I know who did this . I thought he was dead . But he is not listed in the "Social Security Death Index" . The Military / VA has refused to coroprate in finding this SOB.

#247460 - 08/30/08 02:51 PM Re: I HATE LABOR DAY [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I too was 18 in September of 1975. It was a month after my birthday. I was hitchhiking home from my job at the bowling alley. I was a big and tough kid back then at 6'4" and 175 lbs but at the point of a gun my size didn't seem to matter. My story is on the story board in 2 parts. You are welcome to read it. The only thing that I ever knew about my assailant was the street that he lived on and the kind of house, which was a ranch with a right-hand two-car garage. 18 months later, a house that it very well could have been was for sale. I never told anyone until many years later because I was so afraid that my friends would find out. And my own mother has refused to give out info that she knows about one of my other early abusers too.

You are not alone Michael, nor was what happened your fault. Any time that you need to talk please feel free to ask. (I'll be out much of the rest of today and tomorrow I'm going to a barbeque at my wife's sister's house).

Have hope,

Mark

#247599 - 08/31/08 05:28 PM Re: I HATE LABOR DAY [Re: Trucker51]
OKIE MIKE Offline

It seems that after 31 years, The pain would fade. The physical pain is gone. The emotional scars are as raw as ever. Every year at this time my emotional trigers go off. I crash and don't know to be angry or sad. I have tried for several years to resolve this by haveing the SOB arested for his crime.
But the army still seems to close ranks. Any time that someone tries to find out about perverts in there ranks. They seem to be afraid to admit rape happen to male soldgers as well as female soldgers. Time has caused some changes in the policy. But if a soldger complains . They are the one that is punished

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.