Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (WriterKeith, don64, andrewmartin), 54 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441307 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#246686 - 08/26/08 10:54 PM it's so painful / consuming my every thought.....
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I got the horrific news last week " max" my 6 yr old irish setter who was dignosed with osteosarcoma and i'm absolutely devastated he does not deserve this death sentence....the type of bone cancer he has is the MOST AGGRESIVE cancer a dog can possibly get.

Our plan , my fiancee and i , is to have his right distal radius / leg amputated , chemo is NOT an option as it destroys a dogs insides and all the side effects are heart wrenching and we refuse to put him through it.

He's sceduled to undergo surgery on september 2nd however we have decided that blood work will be needed to rule out the cancer in his chest and if thats' the case( i hope to god he'll be negative for spreading of bone cancer )

I can't talk about this anymore i am to emotional.

It rips my heart out to see "max" this way......he is however his ole chippa self ....playing.eating.peeing/ pooping and running......sense of humor is rock solid and he smiles all the time.......i dont want to even think about what it will be like for him, not to mention us, when this all changes......

Take care ...

#246697 - 08/26/08 11:29 PM Re: it's so painful / consuming my every thought..... [Re: thecoopstah]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Coop,

I am so very sorry to hear about Max. I know you are trying to do all you can for him. You and your fiancee are both very loving and compassionate people, I know you will do what is best for Max.

Try and stay strong during this very difficult time.

Dan

#246700 - 08/26/08 11:33 PM Re: it's so painful / consuming my every thought..... [Re: DanM]
dangal Offline
New Here

Loc: seattle area
You are in my thoughts, keep us posted.

#246704 - 08/26/08 11:44 PM Re: it's so painful / consuming my every thought..... [Re: dangal]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
Danm ..........dangal

I thank you from the bottom of my heart ........you're both gentle souls........it means so much ...........
I'll keep you guys posted ..

Coop

#246707 - 08/27/08 12:22 AM Re: it's so painful / consuming my every thought..... [Re: thecoopstah]
NY Daisy Offline
New Here

Coop, poor little Max. My thoughts go out to you both. I will say a prayer for him.

Warmly, NYDAISY

Edited by NY Daisy (08/27/08 12:23 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.