Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
6 registered (Suwanee, Jude, Obi, 3 invisible), 25 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63224 Topics
442105 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#246533 - 08/25/08 07:58 PM Any Tool fans out there? LostKeys/RosettaStoned
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
I am inexplicably drawn to this piece of music spread over 2 tracks totaling about 15 minutes of constant noise.

The first of the two tracks, Lost Keys, plays this note and its as though it just drills straight into your head.

If anyone wants to hear this... See this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH5Ooldo7dk

Until about 1:30 in when you finally get relief from the note... Eventually you are put right back into it and the song starts to resemble noises of an ER or hospital.

Its disturbing, but in a good way.

The song then explodes into Rosetta Stoned which has some, "interesting" lyrics. It's just... intense, I love it. It's an 11:13 minute song so it won't all fit on one youtube video but you can see most of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJAfbiRX7s

This song is so off my normal path of music. But the whole 10,000 days album just excites my brain and while the note in Lost Keys gives me a headache when listening loud, I still can't resist!

So, totally off topic, but no more than broccoli and we said all the shit that can be said about broccoli didn't we?

~Bri

#246605 - 08/26/08 11:20 AM Re: Any Tool fans out there? LostKeys/RosettaStoned [Re: frost]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for the post to those. I agree, it just pulls you in and fills your brain!

now I gotta go look up other Tool stuff!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.