Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63783 Topics
445415 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#246426 - 08/24/08 07:46 PM A reason to be here
X-Liam-X Offline

Hi,
My name is Francesco, Iím 19 years old, and Iím a survivor.
I was raped when I was 15 by my godfather, a man with whom I was trying to replace my own real father, who I was starting to find out wasnít the great man I thought he was.
As soon as I could, I told my best friend, who, actually, wasnít that great help.
As time passed, I told my brother, my mother, my other best friend, some friends and people I met and was sure Iíd never meet again: I wanted to see other peopleís reaction to that.
They couldnít understand me.. I started thinking that nobody can truly understand you, in such a situation.
I think I was right: not even another rape victim can.
Do I feel sad about it? Do I feel lonely? NO!
After a year of self-hatred, my best friend told me to get over it.
It was harsh, but necessary.
I realized that I needed to be strong, in order to go on with my life.
I had always seen how badly that monster left me, but I never stopped looking at my friends, at my dear ones, who couldnít understand, but were always trying to help me, to show me their support.
I started seeing everything in a different light: I could see the love that was surronding me from that moment.
I decided that I wouldnít let my godfather win. I would win, thanks to the love my friends showed me.
I can't truly say Iím totally fine, but Iím doing ok, and I need to thank my friends for that.
What Iím trying to say is that nobody should be alone in this, and Iím the living proof of this statement of mine.
So, if you really donít feel like talking to anyone you know, I BEG you to email me, because I know how much it hurts, and I need to help whoís still suffering.
Love
Francesco

#246430 - 08/24/08 08:24 PM Re: A reason to be here [Re: X-Liam-X]
conflicted Offline

Loc: Greenville, SC
Francesco,

you are not alone... in the darkest night, in the lonely hours that you find your strength almost gone. Our friends are the ingredient that helps to put it all back together... yes we are broken, but the cracks reveal that someone has taken the time to hear us, to cry with us, and to help us. the cracks will never go away, but with the passing of time, they seem less and less prominent.

Take courage, that you are not alone... here is a song that has inspired me... enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFfG9QUbEqM&feature=related

my story...finally out *triggers*

#246432 - 08/24/08 09:02 PM Re: A reason to be here [Re: conflicted]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Francesco,

Welcome to M/S.
Glad you found us.
I have found alot of help here.
hope you do to.

mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#246454 - 08/25/08 01:14 AM Re: A reason to be here [Re: michael banks]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Hi Francesco! Welcome to Male Survivor!

#246474 - 08/25/08 12:16 PM Re: A reason to be here [Re: Brian]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Welcome Francesco,

What a powerful story! I'm glad you found us here and hope you can find some understanding and help. There are a lot of good people here.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#246476 - 08/25/08 01:28 PM Re: A reason to be here [Re: LandOfShadow]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Francesco,

Welcome! I applaud your courage for finding us and reaching out. It is so hard to share our pain with people only to discover that they don't understand. At least some of them tried. I am glad that you have had some love and support that has helped you through this. I think you'll find love, support AND understanding here at MS. I am sorry you needed to come here but I am glad you are here.

Welcome!

Mike

#246507 - 08/25/08 03:07 PM Re: A reason to be here [Re: Barkabus]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
More welcomes. Glad you are here, though sorry you need to be. Hope you find real healing here.

#246526 - 08/25/08 07:08 PM Re: A reason to be here [Re: blueshift]
X-Liam-X Offline

Thanks for all the welcomes, but I'm not really looking for support.
I didn't find real understandings, but that's ok, because my dear ones love me so much, and I don't feel alone in this.
I'm here, because, reading the stories in this forum, I noticed a lot of people feel lonely, and I think that is something that should not be happening.
I'm here to show support, to show that no one is alone.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.