Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 17 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447618 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#256629 - 10/21/08 02:45 AM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: ak]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
A boy and his grandpa.
Last Saturday was the youngest memember of the Corbett family's birthday, he turned 8 yrs old. I wanted to be the first family member to wish him a happy birthday. I bought a "american donut" at the local bakery to take with me. When I got to his house he was still sleeping. Waiting for him to wake up and come downstairs I had put 8 birthday candles in it. When he woke up and came downstairs I lit the candles and sang happy birthday to him. He asked is that my birthday cake? Nope I told him, just something for his breakfast. I had a small box with me and told him it's for his birthday, he opens the box and said to me HEY grandpa it's empty, I told him to close it and open it again, he does and again HEY grandpa it's still empty. Well his old grandpa tells him that it did indeed have something in it, it had grandpa's heart, soul & love in it. You couldn't see it, but it's there and long after your birthday celebration is over, your grandpa's birthday present will still be there, always and forever, well little boy comes over to grandpa and gives him a hug and kiss and tells him that I love you too grandpa. That HERE'S the good stuff.
Now anyone who reads some of my posts knows just how much those two grand children mean to me. During my darkest days of deep depression when those long buried CSA memories surfaced, those two boys, both now 8 yrs old have been my only source of peace and serenity. They are now my "higher power" in helping me and that lost boy to recover from victim to survivor. Again that's the Good Stuff. Wishing you all my friends/brothers well in our recovery.
Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#256643 - 10/21/08 04:04 AM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: petercorbett]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Making it to day 2 of the poker tournament! (to be continued, hopefully)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.