Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
8 registered (BraveFalcon, Jake123, hike1972, Landscape, Cam76, 1 invisible), 60 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62509 Topics
438072 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#253352 - 10/07/08 03:19 AM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: petercorbett]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Something good right now: Injury I think is a broken bone, it is really only a tore ligament, and I will be able to heal and have less pain much more soon then I thought.

#253369 - 10/07/08 08:42 AM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: ak]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
I am alive - I didn't just survive, I lived.
I am here , I belong. I can and will go on!!!

#253404 - 10/07/08 02:21 PM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: joelRT]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
I picked up my puppy this past weekend \:\) (it was out of a litter of pups my folks had - it's a very cute cockapoo - mostly black with a little white blaze on it's chest and gold paws and rump)

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#253758 - 10/08/08 09:49 PM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: TJ jeff]
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

I never thought I would say this, but I am feeling 'up in the clouds' enough right now to say it.

I'M THE GOOD STUFF!!!! \:\)

VN

#254311 - 10/10/08 11:27 PM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: VN]
arronb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Perth
My Joy …

Joy is an attitude; it is the presence of love - for self and others. It comes from a feeling of inner peace, the ability to give and receive, and appreciation of the self and others. It is a state of gratitude and compassion, a feeling of connection to your higher self.

unknown
Source: Living With Joy: Keys to Personal Power and Spiritual Transformation (Earth Life Series, Book I), Page: 11

Much has been written lately of how there seems to be much misery on the boards at MS … In my opinion this place is a clearing house of stored up emotions connected to our abusive history, there is bound to be much more stored up negative feelings than good … because let’s face it, there aint much good that comes from sexual abuse.

However every now and then someone writes a positive post … we should share their joy when it happens but refrain from complaining about the rest.

We are all on a healing journey here, let’s not get distracted by trying to put a positive light on what is essentially a difficult journey to completeness.

Now for my little bit of joy … This hopeless romantic has finally fallen in love again … he is a sweet man, a caring and compassionate man who has shown me how to love and accept love again \:\)

Despite all he has gone through in his life he has remained a kind and generous soul. I am so proud of him, and I glad he wants me in his life.

OK gushing complete … will resume my journey thru my misery (with a great man by my side).

#255363 - 10/15/08 09:50 AM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: arronb]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, to all on this HERE'S the good stuff pages, & especially to walkingsouth/John & Geeders/Jim, trucker51/Mark. Just last weekend I was in the depths of my soul as again those memories/dreams had just overwelmed me. I was in a sorry state. But I am into reading the book Victims No Longer, I have read and reread the chapter 5, lost childhood. And here is what I now have to say, That lost boy and I are celebrating the first day of the rest of their life. Why the celebration? Because me and that boy are finally going to stop beating ourselfs up about our childhood. We I'm learning about that boys courage, intelligence, insight and goodness, we are rediscovering those qualities in ourselfs. After all we are related, and we are living proof of our survival. I owe that boy a lot, I know that if it wern't for his courage, love and survival skills, I wouldn't be here. All he needed was my reassurance. I have found my serenity in our struggle in the book Victims No Longer (from where most of the above passages have come from). The boy and me are coming to terms with ourselfs. So today is little boy Peter and man Peter's day to move on from VICTIM to SURVIVOR. Celebrate with us. As we will celebrate your transition from victim to survivor too. There is still a huge struggle ahead, we are ready for it. Heal well my friends/brothers.
Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#255388 - 10/15/08 11:23 AM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: petercorbett]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Peter,
There are tears of profound joy in my eyes in this moment as my heart celebrates the unification of little Peter and big Peter. You both totally ROCK!!!

Those of us who have been blessed to journey to that stage of recovery know all to well what an amazing achievement that coming together is!

So here's my good stuff for today : 1) Being allowed to witness wonderfull men such as Peter love themselves well and,
2) rejoicing in their generosity for sharing such intimate pieces of themselves for the benefit others.

My day has been truly brightened!!!

#255391 - 10/15/08 11:30 AM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: joelRT]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
I've seen this thread come and go since its inception... Thought I'd finally add something good. We'll see how this goes over.

I had a good childhood.

All the best,
~Bri

#255730 - 10/17/08 03:25 AM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: ak]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sea Isle City, NJ
I woke up alive this morning.

My Phillies won the pennant!

Usually my business slows down by this time in the season, but I've been fortuante enough to pick up some nice year-'round accounts and we're still moving quickly.

I took my son on a go-cart I purchased the other day. It was fun and funny. He had a blast, and when that happens, I'm happier than a lark. Chad watched us go round-and-round the beach, and I loved watching him laugh and smile. When it was his turn to drive, I stood back and laughed and smiled. Ya know... kids make everything worth it. :

I was playing Indiana Jones on the PS3 with my son. Chad usually plays the games with him. I'm not very good at video games. When I didn't know what to do at a certain point and I couldn't figure out the right buttons to push, my son says to me, "Put the controller down. I can't play with you. You stink!" This coming from an almost 4 year-old. Yeah, well I'm better at Atari!

Most of the good stuff involves my time spent at home with my family. It's not one big huge thing that does it for me, and allows me to get up at all hours of the day and night to go to work. It's just those little tiny everyday occurances, all rolled up together, that make this one big sandwich of success, love, and elation. I figure I'd be a pretty miserable bitch if I had to go home to an empty house every night.

Rich

#255930 - 10/18/08 01:17 AM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: Stretch73]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Right on Stretch73,
My son and grandkids too, are my pride and joy, and I get my strength from watching those grandkids (7&8) enjoying thier childhood, free,clean & loved. I would hate to be alone too.
I'm glad tha you are enjoying them , loving them and protecting them. There great medicine. heal well. My friend.
Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.