Newest Members
R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6, Johnnygolightly, Stormchaser
12318 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (watzupwitu, SailingAway, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12318 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443118 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#246376 - 08/24/08 11:48 AM Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!!
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I challenge everyone to post their 'good stuff' here. If you have nothing to post, then perhaps read and just take hope from the fact that there IS good to come, and one day you will be able to post something here. But for people to feel not a part of this site simply because they are positive and have good things to say, that is silly. Yes, what bring us all here was terrible. But what we are today, and what our lifes are today, do not have to be.

My 'good stuff' from this week:

A friend I was quite worried of is home, safe, and dealing better of their issues.

Something I feared was cancer (something I have much to much experience with) WASN'T!

I am being able to be a good source of support to someone who need me right now, because I have healed enough to be able to do that.

My cat is groomed and the vet says she is healthy. So I do not have to put her back into 'the box' again until next year.

There is a start, and I will add to this sometime. I challenge others to add their 'good stuff' here.

Andrei

#246390 - 08/24/08 01:53 PM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: ak]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
I have 3 friend's (all survivors) that I can call on anytime I feel like, and they understand my issues completely.

I am helping other survivor's by being a facilitator to group meetings

I actually am able to join in the human race (limited) but it's because MS gave me a place to start and the practice I needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Big seperation line

I am able to push my feeling's down at will

I can pretend my past didn't affect me

I am able to sleepwalk through life because I can pretend I'm strong

I am exactly what my Father expected me to be, cold, unfeeling and MANLY, too bad he's a loser.

I can avoid my feeling's by proclaiming everyone a crybaby and a wimp so I can feel better about myself.

I can feel good because everyone is less than me because they are weaker for stating their feelings

I can ignore my past

Stay strong
Mike

#246392 - 08/24/08 02:00 PM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: mogigo]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I CAN protect myself.

#246396 - 08/24/08 02:46 PM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: ak]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I have another new friend from our local support crowd, and I have been offered the chance to join their in-person support group.

Like Andrei, "I am able to be a good source of support to (the people) who need me right now, because I have healed enough to be able to do that".

Several times recently I have been told just how much positive effect that I have had on someone's recovery, which makes me feel good about what I am doing.

Tuesday our new tall positive member and I talked for an hour on the phone and came to understand and respect each other a lot better than we once had.

After a bit of a rocky summer with a lot of personal stress for both of us, the relationship between my wife and I has become stronger and is again headed in the right direction.

Thanks to Vitaliy for giving me a link to a different photo-sharing site that is easy to use, I was finally able to post my photos on the Adult Me topic on pages 38 & 39. It is great that I can count on my brothers here at MS for my needs too.

Financially I am in much better shape for retirement than I thought that I was, which is a bit of a relief. Maybe someday I will use some of it to benefit certain trusted charities.

And finally, in just 5 & 1/2 hours, my week alone here at home will come to an end, when I pick-up my wife from the airport. She has been in Michigan helping with the care of her elderly parents.

So now it is time to get busy and clean-up the mess!!!

Mark

#246470 - 08/25/08 11:54 AM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: Trucker51]
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have people I know who care very much of me and want what is best for me.

I am stronger then sometime I will credit to myself.

I have survived in the past. I can survive this.

VN

#246472 - 08/25/08 12:00 PM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: VN]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Here, on this site, I have people that care about me.

I had someone tell me that I was handsome.

I WILL FIGHT THE NAVY!

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#246473 - 08/25/08 12:01 PM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: VN]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Thank You for starting this thread Andrei \:\)

my "BIG" good thing for this last week was... Getting my 1st house \:\) - something I thought I'd never do just a few years back...

also... another great thing of this last week was getting together on Saturday with 3 of my friends from here in the site to talk and hang out for a day \:\)

and then yesterday... spent the day at the MN State Fair with my wife \:\)

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#246485 - 08/25/08 02:03 PM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: TJ jeff]
dangal Offline
New Here

Loc: seattle area
SCHOOL STARTS IN 8 DAYS!!!!!!!! LMAO, sorry exhausted stay at home mom...but still, it's freaking the good stuff!

#246494 - 08/25/08 02:28 PM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: dangal]
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Making up with a friend after a fight.

Being able to offer support and safety to someone who is in need of it right now.

My girlfriend! (Yes, the newest)

Talking on the phone with a friend who I've known for years and never talked with on the phone before. (You are loved Dale)

That my GOOD computer will be back out of the shop in a few days and I won't be stuck on old 'Windows 98' shit, or have to borrow a friend's!

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#246664 - 08/26/08 08:42 PM Re: Challenge: HERE'S the good stuff!! [Re: Leosha]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hydrocodone and ice packs. Make to feel good.

andrei

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.