Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64018 Topics
446774 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#246230 - 08/23/08 10:10 AM Colorado group has openings
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I attend a men's-only survivor's group on Tuesday evenings in Boulder. We have a few openings. If you are interested, drop me a note and I'll give you the phone number of the guy who runs the meeting and you can talk to him.

M&m

#246250 - 08/23/08 12:58 PM Re: Colorado group has openings [Re: MarkK]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I might be willing to check it out, but I had better run it by my wife, who won't be home until tomorrow night. You might have talked to Alan or Andy about me. I'm a super-heavyweight, blue-collar, out-of-shape, former in-your-face type, who is quite comfortable meeting new people these days. The issue that is most pressing is my reactionary anger when I am confronted or my intellect is questioned, where I rather quickly throw my shields up, go to battle stations, and start firing torpedoes at the enemy. I believe that this has more to do with my violent and emotionally-degrading upbringing rather than with my CSA. It is more difficult to resolve it with my dad since he has been gone for nine years now. It was the combination of my dad's death and the caring positive support that I got from my stepdad that I attribute a lot of my progress to. I have also had for a long time a fear of failure and a number of times I have had great initial success go so terribly wrong over time. Right now I have the opportunity to finish my degree but the fear of failure combined with the potential insecurity from leaving my present field of employment has me non-committed and feeling insecure. And you already know about my issues with religion.

Anyway, check with your facilitator and feel free to show him what I have said here.

I would be glad to give it a try if my wife is OK with it.

Mark

#246311 - 08/23/08 08:19 PM Re: Colorado group has openings [Re: Trucker51]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I talked to my wife on the phone, and she said that she wouldn't have any problem with me attending.

Mark

#246326 - 08/23/08 11:07 PM Re: Colorado group has openings [Re: Trucker51]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'll send you a PM with info on the group and how to reach our facilitator.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.