Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
1 registered (WriterKeith), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63565 Topics
444123 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#246112 - 08/21/08 09:12 PM The remember me option
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
I am somewhat confused and don't understand.

With a lot of sites I visit (I am addicted to the internet!) that require member names and passwords, you have the option to check a box to "remember me on this computer" or some such thing.

I notice the same option when I log in here. I check it, but it never "remembers" me. Is there a reason for this? A glitch? Has anyone brought this up before?

Thanks for your help!

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#246119 - 08/21/08 09:25 PM Re: The remember me option [Re: Tinman]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
really? i haven't seen that option on this site but then i haven't paid much attention, that sounds useful

if you have been clearing your cookies then your computer will not remember the site, maybe that is what has happened

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#246136 - 08/21/08 10:50 PM Re: The remember me option [Re: king tut]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Paul,

The site always remembers me at home. It used to remember me at work, but now it seems I'm forgettable and have to log in every day. I have no answer as to why, but you're not alone.

ROCK ON......Trish

#246139 - 08/21/08 11:16 PM Re: The remember me option [Re: Trish4850]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
It might depend on the security settings on your web browser. at least with firefox you can decide wether or not you want your computer to remember information like login stuff.

#246220 - 08/23/08 02:31 AM Re: The remember me option [Re: theatrekid]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

The "remember" button on the log in page works for me using FireFox. I don't check that option anymore due to the fact that it makes it harder to switch between the modteam account and my own account.

#246223 - 08/23/08 04:16 AM Re: The remember me option [Re: WalkingSouth]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Not that anyone cares, but i'm on IE and just got the latest XP service pack, and this has been the one site i'm on regularly that has never "forgotten" me.

MS is in my "Favorites", and unlike other sites which supposedly have the same "remember me" option, any time i've gotten on here, it immediately says "welcome dgoods." Therefore, props to the MS admins from me.... having to fill out some stupid "name/password" crap repeatedly for a website you visit regularly is nonsense, especially considering the nature of the site and why we're here... This from a "guest"...

Anyway, i hear ya, but to me, this is one of the few forums that seems to get it "right". Maybe i haven't always agreed with the mods or admins 100% about everything, but accessibilty has never been an issue.

OK, i'm done rambling now....

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.