Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (Dewey, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63993 Topics
446673 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#246009 - 08/21/08 01:22 PM stop the bleeding......
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I'm a friggin mess and i can;t take much more of this.

As most of you know my dog was diagnosed with bone cancer on tuesday and this morning my cat
could not catch his breath and is not doing good at all.

We're left with no alternitive then to put him down as a result of his heart condition and my fiancee works in the feild of veternary medicine as a vet tech
i know i need to be strong for her and i damn sure will be....however yet how much can someone take before they lose it and go out of their mind.

I cannot believe this happening to my fiancee not to mention poor "baby" he's a strong boy .....the Dr tried putting oxygen on him and he wants no part of it and flips out and thrashes around.

At the moment he's on buprinex a pain med and it is not helping the poor little guy cannot catch his breath.

I guess now i need to let nature run its course,..........i know having animals they will die one day......nothing is forever ...yet we have so much going on in our lives how can you catch a break....not to mention we're getting married in less then 6 weeks..........enough already....take care everyone wish us luck.

God bless
Coop

#246011 - 08/21/08 01:45 PM Re: stop the bleeding...... [Re: thecoopstah]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oh no, oh no, oh no Rich,

First Max now your kitty! What the heck is going on? What a huge blow for you and your fiancee. It's ok to cry...both of you. I'm so sorry both of your pets are facing life threatening health issues AT THE SAME TIME!

Please keep us informed what how this goes. We're with you Rich.

Oh man I'm sorry bud.

Mike

#246014 - 08/21/08 01:54 PM Re: stop the bleeding...... [Re: thecoopstah]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Coop,

It's hard to lose anyone you love, even when it is a dear pet.

I hope you show your pet mercy and allow him to end his life in peace. It will be hard, but show him the same love at the end of his life that he showed you throughout his life.

Good Luck!

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#246016 - 08/21/08 02:08 PM Re: stop the bleeding...... [Re: LN3(SS)]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
I feel you Coop. I've had to say goodbye to two cats myself. The most heartbreaking thing is knowing there's no way to explain to a pet what's going on, or why...

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.