Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (susie, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447939 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#245743 - 08/20/08 09:07 AM Feeling at PEACE
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Last night at group while "checking in" and my "victory check", I began to feel my emotions change to that of a Peaceful Man, a man who's mission was allready accomplished.

My letters to my brother and family are all written, the meeting with my brother will be on Sunday, my last therapy appt. is today. I almost feel like all the work is done and now just want so bad to put this part of the journey behind me.

Then again, maybe it is just the "calm before the storm". I don't know, but I do know I did not have any nightmares last night. I slept real well.

Is this weird? Am I weird? How is it I can feel so Peaceful, when In just a few days, I am confronting my perp. brother face to face?

Thanks for listening.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#245753 - 08/20/08 09:38 AM Re: Feeling at PEACE [Re: KENKEN]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I think it's because you indeed have done so much work and you are so prepared that you feel this sense of peace.

I do truly hope and pray that it is a peace that lasts! Glad to hear that you had no nightmares!

#245758 - 08/20/08 10:26 AM Re: Feeling at PEACE [Re: JustScott]
hogan_dawg Offline

Glad you slept well! Excellent.

I wonder if your feelings of peace aren't coming from the fact that you're disclosing this abuse to yourself and others?

Not catharsis, but, maybe, 'relief' that it's coming out into the open, and the curtain of secrecy is being lifted?

Anyway, glad you're doing well!

Best, Dawg

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.