Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (Obi, don64), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442131 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#24585 - 11/27/02 03:14 PM Re: hi everyone
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Zealander, it's good to find another "politically incorrect" brother in the world, and on this site!
I am to this day somewhat of an antiestablishment radical born of the hippy culture that was prominent in the 60's (at least here in much of the U.S.--did that groovy bag connect over in New Zealand, man? \:D ).

But if you blame it on your youth, what am I going to do. To pick up on Devon's wording, I'm now "farty-six" years old! That's a lot of years, and a lot of farts--a lot more than "farty-six." :p

How's that for politically incorrect!? \:D

BTW if you want check "Survivor Songs." You made me think of one & I'm gonna post the lyrics there.

Take care my Zealander brother

Wuame

#24586 - 11/27/02 04:47 PM Re: hi everyone
Mark S Offline

Loc: England
I'm pleased you found this site. I hope you gain as much support as I have. It is so empowering knowing that there are so many people out there who have experienced the same as us. Though I wish that none of us had to be hear for this reason.

Keep posting and be good to yourself.

Mark ;\)

#24587 - 11/27/02 09:01 PM Re: hi everyone
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Sleepy
I'm farty nine - not too old to old to clip your ear you 'sprog'
\:D
Lloydy, (nearly 50 - and dreading it ;\) )

#24588 - 11/27/02 10:27 PM Re: hi everyone
Sleepy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona, USA
I'm so glad to see that my small comment resonated so well through out this post. I haven't seen too much humor around here lately. I logged on earlier in the morning and read all these posts. It made me laugh out loud later in the day. Devon, the jury is still out whether old farts rule but for sure adolescents drool ;\) . Lloydy, bring it on \:\) ! I didn't know you were so feisty. It sounds like a mid-life crisis ;\) .
Your 24 year old adolescent,
mike

"Mental health is a commitment to reality at all times."
--M. Scott Peck

#24589 - 11/28/02 01:42 PM Re: hi everyone
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
CRISIS... WHAT BLOODY CRISIS ?

yeah, we need some humour \:D

Lloydy- making the most of my mid life crisis ;\)

#24590 - 11/28/02 02:07 PM Re: hi everyone
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Hi Zeelander,

It was really great to talk to you just minutes after you found us. I am "gootie" on the chat. It was Sunday night late here and Monday 5:10PM where you were. That still fascinates me.

Start now to love and respect yourself and to appreciate what a terrifically strong man you are to have survived. Lesser men would have checked out, or did what I did and attempt to bury it for many decades. All you young "brats" inspire me and give me hope. (Brat is Russian for brother.)

It is great to have you here.

Bob--incredibly studly at 66

#24591 - 11/28/02 07:40 PM Re: hi everyone
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Bob:

Right on--"Studly"! \:D

Wuame

#24592 - 11/29/02 10:38 AM Re: hi everyone
New to this Offline

Loc: Mississippi
Hey Bob,

I hope I can be a studly old fart when I grow up.

It's nice to cut loose guys. Thanks for participating in this adolescent event.

Devon

#24593 - 11/30/02 06:28 AM Re: hi everyone
arghilles Offline

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
Hi Zealander!

You are not alone feeling the way you do.
I do too.
It is good that you are here.

/Erik

#24594 - 11/30/02 07:13 AM Re: hi everyone
Ross Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi Z:

Appreciate your post. I certainly have felt the pain of some of the feelings you describe. I think it is hard to make sense of who we are at times, or who we should be.

I have come to the conclusion that there are no "real" men. A "real" man is an image manufactured out of imprinted should be's that never were nor never could be. What is real, I believe, is that we are simply male human beings with all the various lumps and bumps that go with the baggage of living. We all as survivors have had some particularly bad times that can and do weigh heavy on our lives. When I am struggling the past often feels like I am pulling a huge freight train with an endless chain of dark, heavy boxcars through a long night. Coming here at times is like pulling into the freight yard where the brake man pulls the coupler and releases me from the burden of pulling the heavy load.

This site has its warps, troubles and struggles but I have come to find that the people here are generally kind and want to help and being here has made a positive difference for me in my life.

Sincerely

Ross

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.