Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
7 registered (dan_in_newengland, Bardo, finallyhere, 4 invisible), 42 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63776 Topics
445377 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#245601 - 08/19/08 05:18 PM Ken Singer
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
I have seen this person in the Who's Online and I just read the "If you are considering suicide post." I have not considerd suicide but I have seen it several times so I read it.

Ken Singer has "LCSW" after his name. Is he a bona fide (checked out) therapist and is he a survivor?

Just curious.

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#245608 - 08/19/08 05:57 PM Re: Ken Singer [Re: Tinman]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

From what I know (in my four years or such here), Ken is indeed a 'real' therapist, who work with both survivors and with perpetrators, and so can bring very importent and good thoughts to lot of issues. It is my thinking that he have state in the past that he is not himself a survivor, but I could not be sure that is absolute true. I am sure one of moderaters could respond to you better on that. But I do know that from what I seen in my time here, Ken is someone who have done much work for helping provide good security and positiveness at this site.

Andrei

#245614 - 08/19/08 06:34 PM Re: Ken Singer [Re: ak]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
LCSW means "licensed clinical social worker", and that's what Ken does. He has worked with male survivors for over 30 years; he's a pioneering leader in this field and a past president of our organization. He's been a moderator since 1993, longer than any other active member has been around.

Ken is not a survivor himself and doesn't present himself as one. But his knowledge of CSA of males, empathy with survivors and commitment to MS make him a very important person here. I can't think of anyone I know on the site who has done more for our community over the years.

Much love,
Larry

Edited to correct "part president" to "past president"

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#245621 - 08/19/08 07:13 PM Re: Ken Singer [Re: roadrunner]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
1993! wow, that is a very long time, well done to you Ken! you must have fountains of knowledge now, i'm glad you are around to show us the way

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.