Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 18 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442058 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#245334 - 08/18/08 07:48 AM unrelated to SA
Nate Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
hey guys this isn't related to SA in anyway but curious on yoru thoughts/views.

if you were living in a place you really enjoyed, but were starting to be really unhappy/depressed/unfulfilled w/ your job would you stay in that place for another year? or would you move on knowing it would require you to have to move?

- Corita Kent

#245336 - 08/18/08 07:59 AM Re: unrelated to SA [Re: Nate]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
nate, it is good to be aware that you are 'starting to be' dissatisfied with your current life state. that is just the nudge you need to start getting your house in order so to speak for a major move. it is good to listen to the inner promptings.

you could use the year as a timeline of preparation; make a plan for yourself. try to organize it as best you can, leaving plenty of wiggle room for yourself, while minimizing the surprise factor.

change in life is inevitable. that's my experience. just some thoughts.

your brother in recovery,

ron

#245361 - 08/18/08 11:02 AM Re: unrelated to SA [Re: Sans Logos]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I hate, hate, hate moving. Studies have shown that it ranks up with death of a parent in stressfulness.

If I liked where I lived but hated my job, I would probably be more inclined to stay with the job I hate or look for another job in the same place.

I wouldn't move unless I absolutely had to.

Dan

#245377 - 08/18/08 12:47 PM Re: unrelated to SA [Re: Nate]
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
Nate,

I'd try to find another job that I love close to where I love to live. That's my free advice that's worth everything that you paid for it.

I retired for a few years and then had to go back to work last year. Well, the new work, though very fulfilling, is about 200 miles from home. So i've been commuting to work on Monday, staying with relatives during the week and returning back home on Fridays for the weekends. It's getting really old. We're trying to find a new place that we love that will be closer to where I have to work.

Take good care of yourself,

Steve

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.