Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
5 registered (dan_in_newengland, Shyshark, 3 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63358 Topics
443032 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#245146 - 08/17/08 03:19 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: feelingafraid]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
It served it's purpose, and that purpose has been dealt with in an appropriate manner. We have learned a lot about each other and we understand each other a lot better now. Thanks to everyone else for their support and understanding. I think that it has been a step in the right direction for all of us.

Mark

Edited by Trucker51 (08/19/08 04:26 PM)

#245153 - 08/17/08 06:21 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: Trucker51]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Rich,

When we registered, all of us selected a username. How you selected yours was up to you. I know why I selected mine. My abuse had to do with it, too. Try to demonstrate tolerance for the reasons others have for selecting theirs. These guys are supposed to be our brothers, our friends. Not to be questioned, even indirectly, about how they chose their name.

Am I wrong for letting my abuse influence my decisions? NO! It was a horrible wrong done to me that has colored the way I think.

On to drugs. I would point out that alcohol is a drug. Overuse of it is still addiction.

Even though I usually appreciate your direct and honest approach, most probably because that is how I was raised aboard my boat, I find some of this post upsetting. I hope that the answers in this thread have helped you more than they may have hurt some of the people that chose to respond, or more importantly those that could not.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#245156 - 08/17/08 09:07 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: feelingafraid]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sea Isle City, NJ
Damn near 40???????? The hell I am!I'm closer to 30 than I am 40. Son of a..........

#245157 - 08/17/08 09:12 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: Stretch73]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Trucker?

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Because I live in a wealthy area, that makes me less tough as a person. It doesn't make sense. But it doesn't matter either, because you don't know me, "my man!" What you don't know about me I can just barely squeeze into the Grand Fuckin' Canyon!

#245166 - 08/17/08 11:03 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: Stretch73]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Please do not 'paint' the whole of 5500 members of this site with the strokes of one brush. There are many here who have never used drugs, or have other addictions. There are many who do not use what happened in the past to make excuses for present behavior. There are many who take what good they can from what has happened and become the greater person they can in spite of past things. There are many who appreciate their lives and the chances to live them, and do not very often complain, even when there is legitimate reasons to.

If you are seeking negative, it is easy to find. It is easy anyway, to find what you are looking for. But truly, to think on it, how many people of the 5500 members of this site do you truly think fit your definitions of what you have seen 'to much' of here? I think most those members, you probably have not even seen here. I am sorry if you have issues with certain people here, or certain kind of people here. But please trust as I say, we all do. And as you say, that is life. And it goes on.

Andrei

#245170 - 08/17/08 11:27 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: ak]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
My "take" on this & one assumption seeings how this thread is how we "see" others.

One of the first things I learned about stretch is how "big" he is. (7'3"?)
So I assume he is used to a lot of attention.
If I look over his original post, 95% are "towering", almost looking down views about other people.

If I remember correctly, stretch came to "deal" here at the request of other people (his partner?).

C

#245171 - 08/17/08 11:35 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: ineffable]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

7'1"

#245173 - 08/17/08 11:42 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: Stretch73]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I get attention because I'm too sexy for my height! Shake and stir that!

So what if I came at the request of someone else? What's the difference if I came that way or on my own accord? At least I'm honest about it; a virtue I find very thinned out on this site.

I'm not judging anyone or generalizing the site as whole and all of it's members. I am simply stating what I've seen so far through my own eyes. I never claimed to be tough, or negative, or conceited. I was born and raised in a wealthy area. Very true! But it hasn't been all pancakes and ice cream for me either. I've fought very hard, for a very long time to get to where I am today.

Regardless of what you may believe, I've lived in big cities and small cities, islands and the desert. My ability of being tough or weak does is not a direct result of my geographic location, and if you believe that then I'm sure you see the logic in gangs killing each other simply because one lives a few blocks away from another. Then again, I've never heard even the most ardent idiot claim that Trukers were rocket scientists.

I'm a positive person... so shoot me!

Shake and stir that!

Rich

#245175 - 08/17/08 12:03 PM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: Stretch73]
hogan_dawg Offline

Hey Stretch, it's no sin to just say "Guys, I'm sorry, I was triggered when I saw these boobs (.)(.) and I said something goofy."

I figured you'd appreciate the levity...:)

Dawg

Edited by hogan_dawg (08/17/08 12:05 PM)

#245176 - 08/17/08 12:06 PM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: hogan_dawg]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I don't conform or even relate to "triggers." That's just a made-up word, Hogan, so people can feel better about their situation, rather than take command of the feeling for themsleves. Just another meaningless excuse!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.