Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, 4 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442066 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#244958 - 08/16/08 10:50 AM Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sea Isle City, NJ
I feel there is entirely too much complaining on this site. Now I know many of you will certainly disagree with me, but I find this revelation to be exactly true, and I have some questions to ask.

1. Why do certain individuals on this site attempt to convince others that there drug use is an addiction formed as a direct result of being molested as a child?

You cannot blame all of life's mysteries and tragedies on some traumatic expereince all the time. I'm tired of this crybaby bullshit! "I'm on drugs because daddy molested me," or "I can't keep a job because I was raped by my uncle or Father Jones 30-fuckin' years ago."

2. Why doesn't anyone ever say, "Oh! That good thing happened to me today because daddy molested me when I was little?"

Because everyone wants to just think as their lives as this horrible, traumatic, evil-filled, emotionally wraught expereince. Isn't there any good that can be taken from abuse? There is. I can prove it!

3. What's with the nicknames?

If your life sucks, chances are it starts by how you feel about yourself and what you call yourself. Now I'm not singling anyone out here. I'm just simply stating concern.

4. Are there not many extremely sensitive people here.

One cannot even say "Boo," without a complaining message being sent to a Moderator. This is some real crybaby bullshit. Life is hard, people! You're getting upset over a some words on a monitor.

5. Why is there so much hate and bigotry here?

The very first post I ever wrote here, I was basically condemned for being a homo. Not that I care, but what the fuck? This is the 21st century. Listen all you homo-haters; Don't knock it until you've tried it!

Boy, oh boy! I'm sure to get flanked from all positions on this post, but who gives a shit. I'm only trying to explain what I see and why I think it should change. If we're all trying to help ourselves, why does it seem that many of us feel more willing to put ourselves through hell first? I'm not saying we should just move on and forget about the past, but we can't dwell in it either and use it to justify every negative experience in our lives.

There are many other reasons people are addicted to drugs. Not all users were assaulted as children. There are tons of reasons people can't keep their jobs or find jobs. Bad shit happens all the time! It happens to good people and not so good people. But get over yourself. Life goes on. Get busy living or get busy dying.

Food for thought: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mHaFMqde6A

Shake and stir that!
Rich

Edited by Stretch73 (08/16/08 07:31 PM)

#244960 - 08/16/08 10:58 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: Stretch73]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Rich,

Do I sense a little anger in your post?
Some intolerance?
What's that about?

mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#244961 - 08/16/08 11:00 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: Stretch73]
conflicted Offline

Loc: Greenville, SC
stretch,

my nickname sums up what i feel inside. it tells all those who touch me that i have conflicting struggles. it is not meant as a negative, just the way i feel. i chose it so that it says something about me. btw: i am an optimist not a pessimist as you might think. there it is again... conflicted in my views.

hope you allow space for someone like me to express myself w/o being called ridiculous

bill

my story...finally out *triggers*

#244962 - 08/16/08 11:01 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: Stretch73]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
hahaha let's see how long it takes for this thread to get pulled: it is 11am my time....... i'm holding my breath... i don't think the mods are in the mood right now

btw, my name, san logos has a before [victim] and after [survivor] meaning.

sans= without, logos=word

that's what i was before recovery; silent
now, on the other side of it, i am just speechless

ron

#244963 - 08/16/08 11:02 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: conflicted]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm not angry at all, Michael, but thanks for your concern.

Bill? I apologize if I missed the head of the nail. I don't think you or anyone is ridiculous.

#244974 - 08/16/08 11:38 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: Stretch73]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Stretch73

1. Why do certain individuals on this site attempt to convince others that there drug use is an addiction formed as a direct result of being molested as a child?

You cannot blame all of life's mysteries and tragedies on some traumatic expereince all the time. I'm tired of this crybaby bullshit! "I'm on drugs because daddy molested me," or "I can't keep a job because I was raped by my uncle or Father Jones 30-fuckin' years ago."

My experience is that addiction always has its roots somewhere. Those roots are almost always trauma related. It's not always sexual abuse. Sometimes, it's simply a lack of emotional support. My experience includes interactions with hundreds of recovering addicts over the years.

Quote:
2. Why doesn't anyone ever say, "Oh! That good thing happened to me today because daddy molested me when I was little?"

Because everyone wants to just think as their lives as this horrible, traumatic, evil-filled, emotionally wraught expereince. Isn't there any good that can be taken from abuse? There is. I can prove it!

Well, I like to think the world is a better place because people are being educated about abuse by people who have been abused. This is a place for healing, though, and that is going to include a lot of pain. Why would a person feel the need to post, "I feel great today!" in a place like this. The fact is, I feel guilty that I feel so good these days when so many others are hurting, but then I look back at all of the work I've done to get here.

Quote:
3. What's with the nicknames?

If your life sucks, chances are it starts by how you feel about yourself and what you call yourself. Conflicted? LifeIsTooLong? FeelingAfraid? Now I'm not singling anyone out here. I'm just simply stating concern.

Hmm...and how a person feels about himself couldn't be related to abuse, by chance, could it?

Quote:
4. Are there not many extremely sensitive people here.

Hmm...and that might not be related to abuse, by chance...could it?

Quote:
5. Why is there so much hate and bigotry here?

Perhaps you should ask yourself that question.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#244977 - 08/16/08 11:41 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: BJK]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hahahaha... good deal, Bryan.

#244983 - 08/16/08 11:54 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: Sans Logos]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Ho Ho Ho

Sans Logos, you are anything but speechless.

Puffer

#245017 - 08/16/08 01:24 PM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: pufferfish]
hogan_dawg Offline

Stretch you asked "Why doesn't anyone ever say, Oh! That good thing happened to me today because daddy molested me when I was little?"

Stretch to answer your question, the reason nobody says this is because it's silly at one level. The subtext of the remark can be that we can actually be 'grateful' for the abuse, which has led to this unforseen and fortuitous event. I guess you 'could' make out that, you know, 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' but I always thought that never sounded quite right. Besides, there are lots of prosocial ways to toughen up the species.

I think boobophobia has affected your faculties (.)(.) <wink>

Edited by hogan_dawg (08/16/08 01:31 PM)

#245145 - 08/17/08 03:01 AM Re: Drugs, Complaints, and Those Who Use Them [Re: hogan_dawg]
feelingafraid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 5,471 FT above sea level

Edited by feelingafraid (11/24/08 06:47 PM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.