Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
4 registered (pufferfish, kcinohio, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63408 Topics
443325 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#244897 - 08/16/08 02:11 AM Greetings for Jarrad
Thad Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oakland, CA
Here is a thread for posts that will be forwarded by Larry to Jarrad. Please keep it on topic and we will see that he gets your message.

We will post updates on his condition in another thread as they become available.

#244904 - 08/16/08 03:30 AM Re: Greetings for Jarrad [Re: Thad]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Hi Jarrad!
I had sent you a PM that you didn't have a chance to read; i had recently gotten into Cyndi Lauper big-time, and noticed for her latest album, she decided to have disco balls and GNOMES everywhere! You were the first person i thought of (that old avatar?), and it made me smile.
Thanks for all the times you've made me smile, Jarrad; no one can put a price on that. I wish i could give you a hug, but this is the best i can do:
((((((((Jarrad))))))))
-dgoods

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#244908 - 08/16/08 06:24 AM Re: Greetings for Jarrad [Re: dgoods]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Greetings Jarrad,

I hope that you are feeling better and that you make a full and complete recovery. Be comforted in knowing that we are all thinking of you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Dan

#244909 - 08/16/08 07:02 AM Re: Greetings for Jarrad [Re: DanM]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Jarrad:

I certainly feel for you and your struggle for freedom. I had a number of productive conversations with you, both on the forums and privately. Just in the time that I knew you, I felt that you were making progress away from your angry and confrontational manner of writing. It is a critical part of the recovery and personal growth process.

I look back at where I was early in my first attempt at recovery and there were a lot of similarities then with the place that you are at now. I was a really unpleasant and negative person to be around at that time, with ongoing drug and alcohol problems, and rather extreme issues with disrespect for authority and angry, abusive language. I hung with the obvious wrong crowd and it often seemed that I did anything that I could do to make other people shy away from me, fear me, or dislike me. I never got comfortable with my first support group and left them when school let out for spring break in the Spring of 1988. Two days after my first wife left me 2 years later I ended 3 years clean off of cocaine in a really big way. Then it was 7 years of progressively worse hell before I found my way back to treatment and therapy though the crisis and intervention route. I OD'd at least a dozen times on IV cocaine before developing a really bad crack cocaine addiction, I hated myself and other people worse and worse, and I had a really bad attitude where I just didn't care about myself or anyone else either. I became really withdrawn and I lost lots of friendships during that time, and am really lucky that I survived it to share it with you and the other guys now.

I would really hate to see us give-up on someone who was making good progress towards personal freedom just because they were in a similar place that I once was. I am proof that someone doesn't have to stay that way forever. You have an awful lot to lose, my man. I've been there, and I know.

Get well soon, my man. We're thinking of you.

Mark

Edited by Trucker51 (08/16/08 07:06 AM)

#244911 - 08/16/08 07:14 AM Re: Greetings for Jarrad [Re: Thad]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
jarrad, your brothers over here at ms miss you terribly and wish you all the best as you continue on your path toward greater healing. you have an incredible spirit and i personally admire the sunburst that is you.

i know that somewhere you are lightening up a room, causing eyes to roll and laugh, quickening a pulse, causing a chest to rise and fall more quickly, bringing smiles to the corners of a mouth, and i hope it can be here soon, because we miss it, and we need it here.

hey popeye! get well soon

fondly,

ron

#244927 - 08/16/08 08:38 AM Re: Greetings for Jarrad [Re: Sans Logos]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Guys,

I have just forwarded the above messages to Jarrad. I will be back here every morning to see if there's anything to collect for him. If you see your comment is above one of my posts on this thread, you can be sure your greeting has been passed on to him.

If you want to post more times than one, please feel free. There is no such thing as being cared about too much!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#244937 - 08/16/08 09:37 AM Re: Greetings for Jarrad [Re: roadrunner]
HurtinginMD Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cranston, RI
Hey Jarrad,

I have missed seeing you in chat. We didn't get to talk too much but i always found you to be a breath of fresh air in chat. Even though i did not know what had happened with you have been in my thoughts and prayers since late June. Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope to hear good things from you soon. Just wanted to show you some love.

Derek

#244945 - 08/16/08 09:58 AM Re: Greetings for Jarrad [Re: HurtinginMD]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

*Post deleted by ModTeam*

Edited by ModTeam (08/16/08 11:33 PM)

#245045 - 08/16/08 04:03 PM Re: Greetings for Jarrad [Re: BJK]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Jarrad,

When I first came here, I looked around and turned to you for help dealing with an emotional issue. In your typical fashion, you cut me no slack, offered no BS, and warmly offered me welcome. I do hope that you will find your way back so I can give you back that hug you gave me (or was it a swift kick in the pants?). Be well, and take good care of yourself.

Brian

"We All Live In A Yellow Submarine"

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#245051 - 08/16/08 04:41 PM Re: Greetings for Jarrad [Re: LN3(SS)]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
Jarrad

On this day of days, Madonna's birthday, I think of you... our missing Madonna
Here's a little musical interlude to speed your recovery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LfMaVOleSA

I'd be in yer corner of the octagon anyday

C

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.