Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
5 registered (Cthulhu, 1lifenow, 3 invisible), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63111 Topics
441351 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#245414 - 08/18/08 04:16 PM Re: Quitting Coffee [Re: AndyJB2005]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Tea has as much, if not more, caffeine than coffee so there's no benefit to that trade.

Hauser, one large cup a day for a week, a medium cup per day for a week then small one per day for a week and then try to kick it. Mix up the times of day when you have it, but stay away completely after 5:00-6:00 at night. You don't need it to wake up, honest, that part is a habit. Puffer is right that a tall glass of water in the morning will quench your thirst and you won't miss the coffee.

The whole body revults against not having the caffeine, but the head suffers the most. It can be done, you just have to wean yourself off of it.

Andy, when I quit smokes it was all or nothing too, but the caffeine is a whole different animal. It's like some pre>

#245445 - 08/18/08 08:04 PM Re: Quitting Coffee [Re: FormerTexan]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: FormerTexan
Tea is good, but it's not often delivered from vending machines where I work. I've substituted it from time to time when I could.

we have it in vending machines, but the vending machine in the department i am in at the moment has become a joke, sometimes it will just give an empty cup, or lots of the times it will give half a cup.

The tea is NEVER just tea, it is usually tea with coffee on the top lol, or sometimes you will get something that is just concentrated caffeine like an espresso, or sometimes it will be a mix of hot chocolate coffee and tea lol. Sometimes it wont take your money, or it will eat your money, or just take your money and give it back to you in change lol. It is quite funny.

i go to the proper dispensers when the little shop is open and they work fine

you would be surprised though, the days become so long that people happily sit down with these concoctions and drink it- just because it is a warm drink- i have done that- just sit down with half a cup of concentrated black liquid and try not to think what it actually is- clearly not tea lol

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#245446 - 08/18/08 08:05 PM Re: Quitting Coffee [Re: Trish4850]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: Trish4850
Tea has as much, if not more, caffeine than coffee so there's no benefit to that trade.

yes i think i read about that in national geographic when they had that issue almost completely dedicated to coffee ages ago, i can't remember much of the conclusions though

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#245492 - 08/19/08 01:11 AM Re: Quitting Coffee [Re: king tut]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Hershey's Chocolate Kisses are and excellent and safe substitute for any addiction. Betcha cant eat just 97!!

Still's Globs

New Video

#245495 - 08/19/08 01:29 AM Re: Quitting Coffee [Re: Still]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
I have found you can eliminate a couple of pots of coffee a day by simply adding a couple of scoops of hot chocolate.

I believe, I could cut down further, if I had some dark chocolate syrup.

This is such a great idea! I cant wait to tell my doctor about all the anti-occidents I am receiving...!!!

Shock the monkey,

island

#245496 - 08/19/08 01:39 AM Re: Quitting Coffee [Re: 1islandboy]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Alan:

How about trying Excedrin for the headaches? It has 60mg of caffiene included to speed the effect of the two active meds to your brain, and that might (or might not) help with the craving for coffee/caffiene.

Mark

#245516 - 08/19/08 09:46 AM Re: Quitting Coffee [Re: Trucker51]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Something nobody has said is, that coffee sometimes increases anxiety. I guess I'd say that is true for me. Try paying attention to anxiety as you reduce your coffee intake.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#245520 - 08/19/08 10:09 AM Re: Quitting Coffee [Re: LandOfShadow]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
I like the taste of coffee, but limit myself to 2 or 3 cups in the morning.
I used to drink up to 9 shots of starbucks espresso each day when I was on lattes.
You might find this interesting from an article on the web.

"The caffeine in tea also can be compared to caffeine in chocolate. Green tea is much lower in caffeine than coffee,
containing between 15-40 milligrams per eight-ounce cup. Black tea has an average of 50 milligrams of caffeine per cup.
Both green and black tea will have a higher caffeine rating depending upon amount of tea used and brewing time.

The average Hershey bar is approximately one and a half ounces of milk chocolate.
If one eats the whole bar, this translates to consuming about seven and a half milligrams of caffeine.
One would have to eat six bars in order to equal the caffeine in strong green tea, and seven and a half bars
to equal the caffeine in black tea.
To match a cup of coffee, one would have to eat approximately 20 Hershey bars."

The most used "drugs" in the world are sugar & caffeine in my opinion.

C

#245524 - 08/19/08 10:43 AM Re: Quitting Coffee [Re: Trish4850]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Originally Posted By: Trish4850

Actually pound for pound tea and coffee carry pretty near the exact same amount of caffeine. However, a pound of tea will create 4x as much liquid tea as the amount of coffee that will be produced from a pound of coffee. So in that right there, your average cup of tea will contain about 75% less caffeine according to those numbers.

Alan, have you ever considered trying eating normal food [oatmeal] along with coffee rather than skipping breakfast?

Years ago I had to quit caffeine completely. I stopped drinking coffee, caffeinated pop, everything. It was part of learning how to sleep again. Some of my favourite things in this world are caffeinated so its not an easy choice to make. I love green tea to a spectacular degree but alas I am sensitive to its caffeine content. I also love a nicely brewed pot of premium gourmet coffee in the morning (which I think I'll go brew after hitting submit).

Once noon hits though, I'm off it completely.. I have to switch to herbal teas and such in the afternoon/evening otherwise I just won't get a wink of sleep. I am hypersensitive to caffeine so take it from me a cup or two in the morning ain't gonna kill ya. If you're like me, you absolutely love the smell of it brewing and the flavour of a nice rich brewed freshly ground premium coffee is anything but nasty...

Actually come to think of it -- what kind of coffee is it that you're brewing? Office coffee is usually horrible but freshly ground organic fair trade shade grown beans is a whole new world. I grind mine every morning \:\)

~Bri

#245540 - 08/19/08 12:00 PM Re: Quitting Coffee [Re: ineffable]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: ineffable

To match a cup of coffee, one would have to eat approximately 20 Hershey bars."

And the problem with this is....??????

Hershey Quotes

Still's Globs

New Video

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.