Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (tbkkfile), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445343 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#242899 - 08/07/08 01:45 AM Re: New [Re: EGL]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Hi Bobby- sorry you have the need to join us, but happy that you're here; this site didn't happen by accident, and neither did your arrival. I hope you find a story close enough to your own that you want to stick around.... There's so much honesty and support here that's given me more than i ever expected. If you ever wondered about if there was ever people feeling alone like you, this is the place; as stupid as it may sound , you are truly not alone! Maybe not me, but somebody here has been through what you have also. Don't give up!

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#243048 - 08/07/08 07:16 PM Re: New [Re: sandman]
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
Welcome Sandman, like the name. Reminds me of my Spiderman days.

I know first hand that you will enjoy what you get out of this site.

Have a great day,

John Oarc

#243875 - 08/11/08 10:19 AM Re: New [Re: EGL]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi Chris & Bobby.
In my earlier welcoming comments about the ride of your life, well it's going to be a roller coaster ride. After I had my first session with my therapist, and letting my SECRET out for the first time, face to face with another person, I "felt great" after talking to him. But on the next day I was right back where I started, I was in deep depression, I just couldn't believe that I didn't feel great, after all I finally told my SECRET. What! no great feeling of releif? No great feeling like a great weight had been lifted from the depths of my soul? I stayed in that mode, like I haden't even started dealing with with it yet. So my friends beware, we are on a roller coaster, I have to realise that I can no longer keep running away from myself. I have met the enemy and it's me. So stick with it, maybe some day we all will get some serenity and peace of soul that we all so richly deserve.
Pete

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#243877 - 08/11/08 10:26 AM Re: New [Re: petercorbett]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I'll agree and echo with Pete here. I've been in therapy near 7 months now, and my wife knows, that the night I get home from a session, I'm gonna be in a great and awesome mood! But the next day..... watch out!

It does feel good to get things out, but highs are almost always followed by a low. In time though, the highs and lows, just like on a real world roller coaster, don't get so insanely drastic anymore.

Keep on riding! It really is worth the effort.

And a note to Pete. You aren't "right back where you started." You started with never having really put your secret out there. Now you have. You've made some progress! It's really just one little step at a time, but as long as you keep making those steps, you'll always be farther ahead than when you started.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.