Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
5 registered (susie, Obi, Tarobuns108, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63568 Topics
444130 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#243685 - 08/10/08 06:13 AM suggestions for creative activities
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
hi everyone, i have a lot of extra time on my hands right now, and i am looking for creative ways to spend it witout going into debt.

so i would appreciate your suggestions for activities that could spend time and maybe enrich my spirit all for free. i do beading and tatting, and music, but i need to do something different, cause those are not appealing to me at this time.

some suggestions that i got from a book i am reading:

-take 20 words and form 20 sentences. then try to form a small article with the 20 sentences.

-take 40 small blocks of wood and try to build different forms expressing different ideas.

-take various objects and arrange them to express and idea.

-make a collage

.....these are some suggested activities. i think they are good for getting me out of my own head, but it need some more suggestions from all of you.

some fresh challenges would be nice!

thanks in advance,

ron

#243851 - 08/11/08 01:40 AM Re: suggestions for creative activities [Re: Sans Logos]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
How about some gardening or landscaping? Or get out and do some rowing or kayaking? Maybe hang around Station Square or the Whole Foods store at the top of the hill? Maybe go over to Kennywood and ride the roller coasters. Are either of those inclines still running there? How about Freecell or a game of good, old-fashioned pinball?

Get a pet. I like dogs.

Mark

#243859 - 08/11/08 07:48 AM Re: suggestions for creative activities [Re: Sans Logos]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
I know you said you're tired of music, but you've got a nice voice- why not consider grabbing an acapella or two, and uploading them to ccMixter.org , and letting some of the talented folks there remix you? Who knows, you may even catch the remixing bug yourself. I've found it to be a very friendly, intelligent, creative bunch over there, with a very wide spectrum of genres/styles represented. I know i'd certainly enjoy seeing you there. It's free, they aren't selling anything, no ads, and the admins are top-notch, a very well-run site. At least give it a look, and see what you think; it might not be something you feel inspired to delve into now, but tomorrow might be different...
No pressure, just a thought :-)

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#244239 - 08/13/08 09:00 AM Re: suggestions for creative activities [Re: Sans Logos]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
thanks for the suggestions guys, i appreciate your help.

i will definitely add those to my list of potential things to do.

i am still looking for new activities that have nothing to do with anything that i would normally choose to do.

i made an appointment to check out a local martial arts academy here in pittsburgh, and look into tai chi as a manner of relaxation and discipline that is not high impact as working out at a gym.

doing this i hope to achieve a bit more focus in my life.

part of the problem right now is that during the summer months my schedule is not driven as it is during the school year. and since i am at a point in my life where i can begin some new interests, this seems a good place to start.

hopefully from a place of greater focus, i can make fresh determinations about what new experiences i want to bring into my life. it is nice to be in a position to chose, rather than having to live out of the consequences of choices made prior to reflection. my life 'lived me' for too long.

two longer ranged goals i have for myself:

1. get involved in the local branch of soulforce

2. prepare for the audition to become a member of the local gay men's chorus

my challenge for today: [weather permitting] to climb a tree.

for now, back to knitting a chain of linked moments.....

ron

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.