Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
5 registered (pattom, dan_in_newengland, woodenshoes, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63645 Topics
444494 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#243099 - 08/07/08 11:34 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: BJK]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right Behind You!
Originally Posted By: BJK
Gilbert Godfried never was funny.

...and to think...he does the voices of a TON of animated characters for children's shows/movies.

There needs to be some outcry about him. He ought not get away with that without it costing him some voice jobs.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#243458 - 08/09/08 01:11 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: BJK]
CPeterson Offline
New Here

Loc: ND
I've been seeing the ads on tv for Comedy Central roast of Bob
Saget - I'm not so impressed by his words. I have grown to like the man from watching his shows,bt after seeing just about 15 seconds of the ad, my opinion had changed, now hearing this.

#243463 - 08/09/08 01:18 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: CPeterson]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: CPeterson
I've been seeing the ads on tv for Comedy Central roast of Bob
Saget - I'm not so impressed by his words. I have grown to like the man from watching his shows,bt after seeing just about 15 seconds of the ad, my opinion had changed, now hearing this.

Try watching 15 minutes of Sagat's stand-up comedy. He's the most filthy, offending, and not funny "comic" I have ever seen. His version of humor is "shock humor"....if you can call it humor.

I'm guessing that Stamos was trying to pay Sagat back for the last decade and a half of CSA-type jokes that Sagat has made at Stamos's and Dave Coulier's expense regarding the show....not that that makes anything right.

As far as Gilbert Godfried goes, he's also a "shock humorist", so his jokes don't really surprise me all that much either. However, based on the fact that he is one of the most annoying personalities ever, I'm surprised that he is even able to find work anywhere. Yes, I have seen his stand-up comedy. It's a series of one-liners all delivered in that shout-box voice of his. Half of it is offending, and the other half just doesn't make sense. The one I remember the best is: "I'm thinking of nuclear holocaust. You thinnk it's hard to get a taxi nowadays."

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#243641 - 08/09/08 11:41 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: BJK]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Saget's been an enigma to me; did he start doing lots of raunchy stuff to offset his squeaky-clean TV image? I've seen some of his stand-up, and from his appearance in "The Aristocrats" he never seemed really all that comfortable, compared to the other comedians telling the "joke". Just about every entertainer has their stage persona vs. their real personality, but Saget's just plain weird; sometimes he comes off like some nervous yuppie overdoing a tough-guy act in a biker bar, other times like he's the star of "Captain Wholesome Saves the Day". Whatever, Bob. Enjoy the Full House $$ and call it a day already.

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#243648 - 08/09/08 11:50 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: dgoods]
dgoods Offline

Also, Lori Loughlin was THE only excusable reason for watching "Full House" to me. *sigh*...

#243657 - 08/10/08 12:05 AM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: dgoods]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, Sagat's comedy routine is all about "hey, look at me...I'm squeaky clean, I'm scared as hell to be up here, I'm the kind of guy who you would normally throw beer bottles at, but I'm going to shock the shit out of you with some anti-semitic bullshit. Oh, and by the way...I'm the most anti-semitic Jewish person you'd ever want to meet."

Bryan

Edit...was going to post a link to Sagat's stand-up comedy act, but think it is well out of place on this site.

Edited by BJK (08/10/08 12:08 AM)

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#243668 - 08/10/08 01:04 AM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: BJK]
dgoods Offline

Anti-semitic? Well, i don't know if he's jewish or not, but any manifestation of self-hatred is not exactly what i would call hilarious (speaking from personal experience). But then again, i wouldn't exactly be shocked- i've seen examples of that in just about every community you could think of. There's a line between "self-deprecating" and self-hatred, and that draws the line for funny/not funny for me.

#243703 - 08/10/08 07:41 AM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: dgoods]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

He is Jewish...and that's part of his act.

"The funny part is...you guys think I'm kidding."

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

#243773 - 08/10/08 05:00 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: BJK]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right Behind You!
The modern political correctness rule 71-B says that "you must be black to make black jokes.
You must be Jewish to make Jewish jokes.
Gay to make gay jokes."

Where does that leave all of us? Maybe decent enough to not tear-down others based upon categories of chance.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#243791 - 08/10/08 05:59 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: Still]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Does that mean it's okay to make Ukrainian jokes?

Okay...three Ukrainians walked into a bar. The first realizes that he left his thermos of cold borscht at home and has to leave. The second realizes that the bar is serving blood sausage for happy hour, and he runs home to get his wife hoping that they have some borscht left in the fridge The third, um...what the hell is funny about being Ukrainian anyway?

At any rate, the difference for me is when a person makes fun of a stereotype, the joke is funny. When a person is making fun of the people themselves, it becomes offensive.

Bryan

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.