Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
10 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, don64, 8 invisible), 59 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62552 Topics
438309 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#24352 - 06/13/04 05:45 AM Re: Choking
Archnut Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I dont know why this happens, when I get tense my mouth goes dry and I can physically feel that my thorat is closing, I then start to panic which makes things worse.

I have read somewhere that this can be used as a diagnostic for CSA, I picked it up from somewhere. I'm sure its learnt behavior but from where?

In the past It has triggered in me a couple of hyperventerlating episodes, they too are also very scary.

Its a bloody frigtening experience I know that. Its nearly as bad as acute alcohol withdrawls where I experienced three nights of withdrawl fits and would stop breathing, my wife had to stay awake for those same three nights.

I dont know if that helps. Im pretty sure its a natuaral reaction to what we all have been through.

Archnut
"And all that was left was hope"

My Story (Triggers)
http://www.waltonhop.blogspot.com

#24353 - 06/13/04 01:25 PM Re: Choking
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
even though you're through this, boy csan i relate now, except it isn't physical, it's emotional.

sucks. always will suck, but we'll get through it, won't we.

damn straight.

peace and love,

scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#24354 - 06/14/04 01:06 AM Re: Choking
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Marc,
I am sorry you are going through this crap! I know you can make it through,, just hang in there!
Casey

#24355 - 06/14/04 12:48 PM Re: Choking
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Marc,

I hope the worst of that flashback is over now. They are so real it's like having to live through abuse all over again.

I hope you feel better by now.

Joe

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.