Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
6 registered (traveler, Mr. Malaise, healinglove, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446699 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#24352 - 06/13/04 05:45 AM Re: Choking
Archnut Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I dont know why this happens, when I get tense my mouth goes dry and I can physically feel that my thorat is closing, I then start to panic which makes things worse.

I have read somewhere that this can be used as a diagnostic for CSA, I picked it up from somewhere. I'm sure its learnt behavior but from where?

In the past It has triggered in me a couple of hyperventerlating episodes, they too are also very scary.

Its a bloody frigtening experience I know that. Its nearly as bad as acute alcohol withdrawls where I experienced three nights of withdrawl fits and would stop breathing, my wife had to stay awake for those same three nights.

I dont know if that helps. Im pretty sure its a natuaral reaction to what we all have been through.

Archnut
"And all that was left was hope"

My Story (Triggers)
http://www.waltonhop.blogspot.com

#24353 - 06/13/04 01:25 PM Re: Choking
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
even though you're through this, boy csan i relate now, except it isn't physical, it's emotional.

sucks. always will suck, but we'll get through it, won't we.

damn straight.

peace and love,

scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#24354 - 06/14/04 01:06 AM Re: Choking
yesac76 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Idaho
Marc,
I am sorry you are going through this crap! I know you can make it through,, just hang in there!
Casey

#24355 - 06/14/04 12:48 PM Re: Choking
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Marc,

I hope the worst of that flashback is over now. They are so real it's like having to live through abuse all over again.

I hope you feel better by now.

Joe

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.