Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
5 registered (whiteflag, lapchinj, Observador, Ocellaris, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443345 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#243014 - 08/07/08 04:30 PM John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I was just reading an article about the Comedy Central roast of Bob
Saget of Full House fame. It appears Bob was upset (rightly so) with
jokes about his former co-stars Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.

Excerpt of Article
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,398921,00.html

===========
John Stamos, who played Uncle Jesse on the popular series, was the
emcee for the event and took the first jab at the 22-year-olds.

"The whole time Bob and I were doing 'Full House,' he was also hosting
'America's Funniest Home Videos,'" he said. "His entire job consisted
of saying 'Take a look at this,' which is what he used to say to
Mary-Kate in her dressing room."
==================

So apparently John Stamos thinks a 39 year old man exposing himself to
a 9 year old at most (Mary-Kate was 9 in 1995 the year the show went off the air) is funny. I don't.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#243019 - 08/07/08 04:52 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: onlyakid]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
They all seem SO free to do that...and the audience always roars hard.

I remember one of the old-time stand-up guys on Johnny Carson. I was a KID (11) when he told this joke and I still remember it like it was yesterday!

********RAGE WARNING*********

The son of a rich man went to his dad and said "Dad, I'm gay." The father said "OK...well... give it a year and see if you really are gay...then I'll buy you a boys camp."

The audience laughed their lunch-out with that one.

I was SO confused by that. So GAY people use boys? So its OK for them to use boys? Its FUNNY for men to use boys? Does this MAKE me gay cuz I am used for sex? HUH? Man on boy sex is funny?

Oh the depravity of mankind! I'm ready for you to come back Lord!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#243027 - 08/07/08 05:35 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: Still]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I don't know if Bob Sagat, the king of distasteful stand-up comics, has any room to complain.

Editing to say that now that I think about it, I distinctly remember Sagat making similar cracks in his own stand-up comedy.

Edited by BJK (08/07/08 05:38 PM)

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#243058 - 08/07/08 08:23 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: BJK]
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
I have learned to face it. Stupidity is not curable. Ignorance is. Stamos is just stupid.

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#243062 - 08/07/08 08:37 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: Still]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
More on this

Brian Bonsall made a movie with Sagat. The movie was Father and Scout. In that movie Sagat made a bunch of inappropriate comments. Bonsall performed well and Sagat, well, performed ...

Someone reviewed the movie for Amazon dot com. I presume it was Bonsall writing under an assumed name. The reviewer identifies himself as MPLS and says BOB SAGAT IS THE ANTICHRIST "BOB SAGET WANTS TO EAT YOUR CHILDREN - DO NOT SEE HIS MOVIES.

That review has since been withdrawn.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (08/08/08 12:05 AM)

#243070 - 08/07/08 09:17 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: BJK]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: BJK
I don't know if Bob Sagat, the king of distasteful stand-up comics, has any room to complain.

Bingo.

There's a documovie that came out a couple years ago called "The Aristocrats", the title being the name of a very, very, very, extremely dirty joke that's sort of a private hit with comedians. It's not usually told in public, because it's so long (and bad); but every once in awhile, a comedian will indulge. The gist of the joke is a family demonstrating their "act" for a talent agent. The act starts out innocently enough but soon becomes just disgusting - which is the whole point of the joke: to create the most disgusting, sickening, outrageous sequence of events the narrator can conjure up. Most "comedians" who tell this joke include liberal references to incest and pedophilia, amongst other things. The joke ends in an anti-punchline, which means the humor is supposed to be in the absurdity of the joke itself. Whatever.

Anyway, in that documentary, one of the "comedians" featured telling the joke is Bob Saget. He has no problem telling jokes about CSA. He just doesn't like it when the joke is that the CSA involves him.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#243072 - 08/07/08 09:35 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: melliferal]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah...Bob Sagat totally creeps me out. And if I know anything about John Stamos...okay, I know very little, but if I know anything at all, he's probably getting Sagat back for all the sick jokes Sagat has told about Stamos and Dave Coulier over the years.

Bryan

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#243075 - 08/07/08 09:54 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: BJK]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Ok, this makes John Stamos's comments look like Sesame Street.

Gilbert Godfried talks about Bob Sagat slipping the Olsen Twins a roofie and raping them. Atleast you can hear some of the audience in shock.

***Trigger Warning***
You Tube: Gilbert Godfried

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#243080 - 08/07/08 10:08 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: onlyakid]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I give up!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#243089 - 08/07/08 10:43 PM Re: John Stamos thinks CSA jokes are funny [Re: Still]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Gilbert Godfried never was funny.

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.