Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, Austintexan, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63123 Topics
441413 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#243068 - 08/07/08 09:13 PM life .... what do i have to offer
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I am so sick and tired of people telling me i am to sensitive or too touchy,or whatever else they can freakin come up with.

I am ready to blow a gasket/scream/...( i have no idea what's going on with me ) unload on anyone who gets in my way and if it's someone i love OH WELL.... i really dont care what happens afterwards at least i'll be single and i can go on playing the victim .....

I am so filled with contempt and anger lately i feel like i am under a friggin microscope and waiting for the hammer to drop.

I am sure i'm not even making any sense anmd at this point i am fed trying to convince or want people to "like me" i have no friends because( no one can put up with me long enough to know who i am ) I DONT TRUST ANYONE and asfar as me thinking everyone is out to get me i dont know if thats the case ...although if thats what i'm told so be it......maybe i am ...oh well.

Coop

#243087 - 08/07/08 10:40 PM Re: life .... what do i have to offer [Re: thecoopstah]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Coop,

It is ok to be sensitive or touchy...or even to blow a gasket from time to time...it can be very therapeutic. But, it is much better to find ways to deal with your anger in a healthy manner. I know I found venting like this and just saying what was on my mind helped me deal with my anger. The more you talk about your feelings the less control they have over you. I also found out that not many people wanted to be around me when I was at a similar point in my healing. I wasn't on my best behavior and was just plain old crabby. In time I realized that if I wanted thave friends, I needed to address my behavior and reduce my anger. I also found daily exercise to help my outlook and demeanor. As much as it would seem to make things easier soemtimes, we all need to have relationships to be happy in life. Maybe right now itsn't the best time for you, but in due time you will be making new friends and things will look better for you. Just hang in there and we will all help you get over those rough patches.

Dan

#243158 - 08/08/08 10:39 AM Re: life .... what do i have to offer [Re: DanM]
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake City Ut
Coop - I understand your words and how you feel. Somethings that helped me to get through the time you are having was to give up chemical substances and to increase exercising. Chemicals can effect the brain and our emotions and put us on edge. Sugar can do the same thing. You may want to keep a log to see if there is a pattern also like do you feel more aggressive after you eat or drink something or talk with someone or do something. Exercise releases some of these emotions in a safe way and makes you feel better about yourself. There are a lot of things we can do to take control. Control is a part of this because we had no control over our lives as kids. Find out what you can change and control in your life besides others. Redirect the control and anger you have to something positive. Anger can be very good and it has a lot of energy to it, but it has to be directed properly. Just some thoughts. Anyway, for what it is worth, I do care and understand and those are not just emtpy words. If you want to lash out at someone, try me because I can take it fine.

Lance

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.