Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, OCN, 1 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63591 Topics
444241 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#24257 - 02/26/05 04:15 AM PTSD, isolation...... and good job choice?
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

Are any of you like me? I don't want to be in reality ....ALL the time! I am a case report for classic PTSD, considering all the shit I have had to go through all my life, especially as an adult.

As an child with an unresponsible adult alcoholic mom, she nor I wanted to see anything called reality. We were enmeshed, yes, and too much. It was, and still stands, as emotional incest. Codependency. Shit. Nothing "normal" people would consider loving. That left me with a classic habit of withdrawal. She was the model for it. Damn!!!!

Anyway, I was reading into a workbook today called "Life after Trauma". I was shocked by its frankness, since it said to put it down if too much was coming up. And one clear symptom is actually the subject of this letter (finally :-): increasing isolation when stress increases.

I have to get a job, no something I could follow up on, more like a career. And one avenue, or rather supplement, came up this past year since I lost my driver's license for medical reasons. My wife knew someone who did medical tran>

#24258 - 02/26/05 05:23 AM Re: PTSD, isolation...... and good job choice?
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Hey A!

Always good to see you around friend!

I tried to send you a reply to your PM but your box is full. I get like two PM's a week from you guys, and I thought I was popular... I don't think I could handle that many PM's anyway so I guess I should consider myself lucky. :rolleyes:

So I guess I'll just answer here.

I'm not sure what you should do... my first reaction is to say that if you have no problem pay ing for the class then go for it 'cause it could always be another thing to fall back on. I don't think anyone can have too many skills.

I hope that helps a little at least, although I know its not much of an answer.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.