Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
5 registered (Aptrick, hike1972, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63414 Topics
443363 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#242581 - 08/05/08 06:16 PM Re: New [Re: king tut]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: king tut
you forgot to tell him about Hawaiian shirt thursdays and book reading in the gentleman's lounge on wednesday evenings whilst we smoke cigars and listen to roadrunner read articles of his choosing lol

Still got that koolaid stain on the Hawaiian shirt from last week's food fight with you.

And Roadrunner said I could choose this weeks reading. Its gonna be a selection from an academic periodical (peer-reviewed of course) about metallurgy and practical uses of aluminum in heat-shields for toy manufacturers (and the funny way Brits say “Aluminum”).

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#242586 - 08/05/08 06:20 PM Re: New [Re: Still]
sandman Offline

Food Fight! Ohhhhh no!

#242588 - 08/05/08 06:22 PM Re: New [Re: sandman]
sandman Offline

Thanks again all for the Great welcome!

#242591 - 08/05/08 06:32 PM Re: New [Re: sandman]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hello, Chris, and welcome to the MS site. I'm glad you found this site to help in your healing journey. As you've already seen, there's a pretty friendly bunch of guys here who will make you feel welcome. You will be understood and heard here amongst men who know what it's like to walk a similar path that you have been walking.

Talk as much as you want, when you want, do some reading, and settle in. And again, welcome! \:\)

#242647 - 08/05/08 09:04 PM Re: New [Re: EGL]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Quote:
and listen to roadrunner read articles of his choosing

Just for that, here's the topic of my next reading: "A New Volume of Hungarian Essays by Ignaz Goldziher". \:D I actually did write this article! lol It was published last year I think.

Seriously, Chris, welcome to the site. As you can see you will indeed be welcomed and supported here. We have a great community here on the site and we're glad to have you join us.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#242649 - 08/05/08 09:21 PM Re: New [Re: roadrunner]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: roadrunner
Just for that, here's the topic of my next reading: "A New Volume of Hungarian Essays by Ignaz Goldziher". \:D I actually did write this article! lol It was published last year I think.

Yes, I know Larry. We were just discussing it last week...dont you recall? I think you said: Though best known for his formative and decisive contributions to the field of Arab-Islamic studies, the Hungarian orientalist Ignaz Goldziher also had a considerable impact on the field of Jewish studies. His first publication, at the age of twelve, already reveals his interests in the history of Judaism and its prospects in the modern world, and his doctoral dissertation, prepared as a teenager working under the supervision of the great H. L. Fleischer in Leipzig on the thirteenth-century Jewish philologist and exegete Tanūm ben Joseph Yerūshalmī, already displays its author as “a very distinguished scholarly mind”. His first extended monograph dealt with issues concerning the function and importance of mythology among the ancient Israelites, and further, with the anti-Semitic and racist theories of European scholars and intellectuals like Ernest Renan.

But lets not get started on Ernest Renan!! LOL \:\) We'll be up all night!!!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#242650 - 08/05/08 09:26 PM Re: New [Re: Still]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oh man, I knew I'd regret missing last week's reading! Dern it! My loss. \:\(

#242658 - 08/05/08 09:47 PM . [Re: Barkabus]
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 06:13 PM)

#242661 - 08/05/08 09:56 PM Re: New [Re: roadrunner]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Originally Posted By: roadrunner
Quote:
and listen to roadrunner read articles of his choosing

October 2007, Vol. 17, Part 4, to be exact. Larry (fellow historian) sent me a copy and I have to say, he never ceases to amaze me. \:\) Just don't ask him to play guitar. You'll never hear the end of it. \:D

#242665 - 08/05/08 10:06 PM Re: New [Re: Barkabus]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Welcome to the site Sandman. Wasn't a Sandman slang for a cop in the movie Logan's Run? I know, I'm sort of giving away my age with that one. I like any good, strong high-quality European coffee since you're buying.

Robbie: Who does your hair? It looks a lot better since you got it cut!!!

When it is my turn to pick the weekly reading and discussion topic how does the history of heavy naval warfare of the Great War sound?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.