Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, 2 invisible), 67 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62498 Topics
438049 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#241461 - 07/30/08 11:10 PM Re: I FORGIVE THEM [Re: roadrunner]
ObiWan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida, USA
Robbie,

I am dealing a lot with forgiveness right now, myself and my perps, who were both of my parents. Very, very hard to do. I love what you are doing man, it gives me strength and courage to carry on.

Thanks for helping me so much.

Jeff

divorced, but have begun living again
and trying to thrive...

#241472 - 07/30/08 11:50 PM Re: I FORGIVE THEM [Re: ObiWan]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I'd like to thank you as well for putting my mind on something I probably need to deal with. I will probably want to share these thoughts/questions, but want to do it on my own post so as not to wander too far off the main theme of celebrating what must be an exciting quantum leap for you.

#241484 - 07/31/08 01:09 AM Re: I FORGIVE THEM [Re: Still]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Rob,

This is so, so right. Thanks so much, good buddy!

This is really a big encouragement.

I still struggle a bit with the biggy perp when I was 12. All I can do now is say to God:

"God, this is too big for me. Please, you give me the strength to forgive this one."

Puffer

#241486 - 07/31/08 01:41 AM Re: I FORGIVE THEM [Re: roadrunner]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
40lbs. is a lot of weight, whether through pardoning or forgiveness is HUGE...!!!

Finally a ticket, to set YOUR spirit free! I have gone, out of body, where eagles dare!

This is now possible for YOU!

The BEST revenge is living a good life!

island

p.s. Fly up to the angels. (Slaughter)

#241854 - 08/01/08 08:47 PM Re: I FORGIVE THEM [Re: roadrunner]
ObiWan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida, USA
Hi Robbie,

I know you don't know me very well. We've just been in 2 healing circles together, and you have shared a lot of yourself. I have read a lot of your posts though, so I feel as though I know you.

I am writing to thank you.

I have been struggling for a couple of weeks now with "Does God Love me? Am I lovable in his eyes? With all that I have done right and especially wrong in my life, will God still accept me for who I am?" These are tough issues for me. My mother usurped my life. She even tried to steal and rape my relationship with my God. And I bowed to that assumed power for a lot of years, even while my father was physically raping me.

I am writing to thank you because, you helped me to cross through a doorway. A doorway called forgiveness. A doorway I thought I would never reach, never open, and never cross through. I am at a point now where I can forgive my perpetrators, and part of this is because of your strength and courage. Your own ability to forgive. I have learned a lot about forgiveness recently, and what it means. And I too feel changed forever.

Thank you.

I will post 2 letters, one to each of my parents, sharing that forgiveness.

I hope you will read them.

To our continued healing,

Your friend in recovery,

Jeff Parker

divorced, but have begun living again
and trying to thrive...

#241882 - 08/01/08 11:01 PM Re: I FORGIVE THEM [Re: ObiWan]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Hey Rob:

That's great. You have passed a major recovery milestone and in doing so have become an inspiration to those who are still struggling. Thanks for sharing everything that you have. Keep up the good work.

Your friend Mark

#241989 - 08/02/08 05:09 PM Re: I FORGIVE THEM [Re: Still]
conflicted Offline

Loc: Greenville, SC
Robbie,

THIS IS HUGE!!! We affirm your remarks, wholeheartedly!!! When I crossed this bridge... btw I had a hard time burning it, God reminded me that forgiveness is a God-thing, and when we forgive those who have hurt us so deeply, we are reflecting His image to all who look on... with amazement!!! You know what... it's all about God anyway, and I am amazed how many I have been able to help who have been abused or struggle with SSA. Every day is a new day... filled with God's best. Here are four principles that have helped to transform my thinking.

1)God's Love for me is UNCHANGING. Regardless of my failures, His love for me is UNCONDITIONAL!

2)God's Purpose for me is Christ-likeness. So EVERY EVENT-GOOD AND BAD, is designed to bring me to this point. God never does anything to hurt us, but only to help us. I must admit I have a hard time wrapping my arms around this one.

3)God's Word to me is the final right answer. "His Word is a Lamp Unto My Feet and A Light to My Path."

4)God's GRACE for me is SUFFICIENT.
Just a few thoughts to encourage you as they have me!

Press for the Mark! Thanks for sharing and IMPACTING others!!!
Bill

my story...finally out *triggers*

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.