Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
6 registered (John DiFonso, TJ jeff, Scott1962, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443023 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#378664 - 12/08/11 07:42 AM Re: confused and searching for answers [Re: dave999]
Dexter Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
My God. You have put into words what I have felt for my whole life but could not explain. My mother was my main perp, and my father lived in the same house but was invisible. I had to be all and do whatever to make her happy . My actions in the aftermath areidenticle as well as the confusion. Wanting the male closeness and willing to do whatever to gain it. Then feeling guilty as hell afterwards. So glad to know that I am not the only one that felt/feels this confusion and lack of identity. I'm still not sure who or what I am and sometimes feel I may never really know for sure. Almost 40 years into a marriage that I feel good in, but still have this craving that I struggle with all the time. Thanks for helping me understand myself.

#385148 - 02/10/12 08:43 AM Re: Open for business [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
Dexter Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Ok, here goes. I have been approached for sexual activity since I was a kid. from same age friends, ill show you mine you show me yours. Which I think was innocent- age 5-6. to grade school where an older cousin introduced me to masterbation and oral sex I was 8 he was 15-16. This relationship is my issue rite now. Raped at knifepoint at 21 and was married- never told. Married at 20 but acted out with guys from 10 until about 3 weeks ago at 58. Oh, and molested by my mother from 5-13. so women never seemed safe. men, safeR, and the only male attention i ever received. At 59 still confused. Love my wife, 3 amazing kids. bye now sure who i am. is it a real male attraction, compulsion for the 15 minutes of control/contact. Don't want to leave my wife to live a gay life. but occasionally need to have the familiarity of being with a guy. Having REAL trouble around the cousin relationship We still speak but there has been no physical stuff in 30+ years. Don't know who or what the fuck i am and can't find a shrink in my area until May. no new patients. WTF?

#389719 - 03/18/12 06:32 PM Re: Open for business [Re: Dead Man Talking]
7373dssnn Offline

hey michael
u r not alone with those fantasies

#389739 - 03/18/12 10:42 PM Re: Open for business [Re: Dexter]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Dexter
Ok, here goes. I have been approached for sexual activity since I was a kid. from same age friends, ill show you mine you show me yours. Which I think was innocent- age 5-6. to grade school where an older cousin introduced me to masterbation and oral sex I was 8 he was 15-16. This relationship is my issue rite now. Raped at knifepoint at 21 and was married- never told. Married at 20 but acted out with guys from 10 until about 3 weeks ago at 58. Oh, and molested by my mother from 5-13. so women never seemed safe. men, safeR, and the only male attention i ever received. At 59 still confused. Love my wife, 3 amazing kids. bye now sure who i am. is it a real male attraction, compulsion for the 15 minutes of control/contact. Don't want to leave my wife to live a gay life. but occasionally need to have the familiarity of being with a guy. Having REAL trouble around the cousin relationship We still speak but there has been no physical stuff in 30+ years. Don't know who or what the fuck i am and can't find a shrink in my area until May. no new patients. WTF?

I thought for a moment that I was reading something, I wrote. Fascinating how that happens. I can really relate to what your saying. I too was abused by my mother. I was abused by my male cousin. Hmmmm...at nearly the same ages as you were.

One of the big differences is: I left my wife 20 years ago to live out my same sex attractions (SSA). I will get into trouble for saying this but, it is my story. I thought the SSA meant I was gay.

I am learning to express my feelings AND I am speaking up about my need for male contact (non-sexual). I have been in intensive therapy for the abuse issues.

Anyway, just saying that I can relate.

Peace,
Avery

#427316 - 03/06/13 05:27 PM Re: Open for business [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
Kryptic Offline

Loc: USA
"I feel most comfortable with a woman, I still have strong homosexual fantasies. At times I am
accepting of how this is how my life played itself out, but there are other times when I'm emotionally unbalanced and things seem to feel out of control."

...that's exactly how I feel Roderick; you're not alone.

#432814 - 04/29/13 03:49 AM Re: Open for business [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
Antonio78 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Ken,

I'm struggling with my sexual identity, and I decided to read all the post on this topic. I've been married for 9 years, and have 3 wonderful kids. For tha lst year, I can't have any sex with my wife. I don't feel aroused, and I'm having troubl getting turned on. I did have sex with a man, and I don't feel ashame anymore, but I did feel comfortable wih him(this didn't happened before with other experineces I've had with men). These last days, I've been thinking on leaving my wife. Because I felt comfortable(emotionaly attached) with this guy, does it mean I'm gay, or confused? Do you think I can still work my issues to be with my wife? I don'tknow what to do, and I don't want to regret my final decision.

#458414 - 01/10/14 12:13 PM Re: Open for business [Re: roadrunner]
crockybr Offline

Loc: So Paulo
Thank you Larry, your words are most helpful!
Ive spent 40 years in dark silence. Im now 46. Ive been able to breath again just knowing that I am not alone.
I am happylly married, but have always had sexual attraction to older men, father and grandfather figures. This has led to greater pain and shame. Human sexuality is very complex and our sexuality cannot be defined by one or a few experiences and fantasies.

#460481 - 02/11/14 10:18 AM Re: Open for business [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
On The Fringe Offline

Loc: Southeast USA
I wondered why is was hyper sexual as a kid. Memories of things came back and it is obvious now.

I had to explore strange thoughts that I wondered how they got in my head. Like I know about this and want it... But I have never done it.... Or have I? Then memories stared coming back.

Perspective. I am happy now with me. Warts and all. I just try and let my wife be every fantasy I have. She is happy and willing.

I think we underestimate how much we are loved, since we often struggle to love ourselves.

Peace

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.