Newest Members
Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons, TantraPunk
12250 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Brandon (23), doctorfrau (51), dwigginsr (55), Glen (43), RFB (58)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12250 Members
73 Forums
63101 Topics
441285 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#241810 - 08/01/08 05:01 PM confused
simon323 Offline

a girlfriend of my moms came onto me. the things she was doing scared me and i pushed her away. any guy my age would have jumped at that oportunity. my mom found out an was screamin at me an calin me a fag. im not gay but girls an guys dont turn me on. truth is i cant stand to have anyone near me or touch me. to many things that trigger. i think my mom nos what my dad does and my mom is one that talks lot crap to lot people and im scared shes goin to tell people. feel more an more like theres so much wrong with me. y cant i b normal

#241818 - 08/01/08 05:41 PM Re: confused [Re: simon323]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Simon,

I'm so glad you have found us. It is so good you are able to talk about what's going on. What you are feeling, thinking, wondering. That takes courage and strength. We're here to support and encourage you. You are among friends here.

Welcome!

Mike

#241828 - 08/01/08 06:48 PM Re: confused [Re: Barkabus]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Hey my man:

Welcome to MS. You have taken a difficult step and shared what is going on in your life. Trust is a huge issue that all of us in our shared community have had to struggle with. Thanks for giving us your trust and I am sure that you will find most of the guys on here to be a caring and supportive bunch of guys. We care deeply when one of our members is hurting and all of us would be willing to stand with you if you asked us too.

Touch is another huge issue for those of us in recovery. Sorry to hear about what your dad is doing to you. If I was there I would make sure that it didn't happen again. I don't know your age, but it sounds like you might still be fairly young. There will never be a better time to begin to deal with these issues than right now. The sooner that you start, the sooner that you can leave your problems behind and get on with a more-normal life. It would be very wrong of your mother to share any of your history in an abusive manner with anyone.

What has happened isn't your fault, though what happened will hound your every move if it isn't dealt with. This site is a great place to begin anonymously. Are you seeing a therapist yet? Are you in college yet? Many colleges offer low- or no- cost counseling in-house. Cleveland State University in Cleveland, OH offers no-cost counseling for full-time students and there is a long-standing group there that deals with these types of issues.

There is hope, my man. You are welcome to discuss any issue with me anytime that I am on.

Mark

If you are underage (under 17 or 18), what your mom's girlfriend did and what your dad is doing could be considered improper, abusive, and possibly illegal too. Do you need our help to make the abuse stop? If so, please tell us, and our senior staff members will take the appropriate steps to help you.

#241847 - 08/01/08 08:24 PM Re: confused [Re: Trucker51]
ObiWan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida, USA
Hi Simon,

I am sorry that this is happening to you. I hope that you will reach out for help if you feel and think that you need it. We can really help each other here, particularly when we need it most.

I think that parents, and adults in general, do not always understand the world that kids and teens live in. They tend to lash out from their own point of view, and miss entirely what your world might look and feel like to you right now.

Good luck in getting through this tough time, and remember, we will be here for you.

Jeff

divorced, but have begun living again
and trying to thrive...

#242960 - 08/07/08 12:43 PM Re: confused [Re: ObiWan]
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake City Ut
Simon - my dad did his thing on me. Everyone knew, but no one wanted to talk about it and pretended I was the problem. Intimacy was hard. I hear you.

Lance

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.