Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, tbkkfile, irishguym), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63368 Topics
443104 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#240839 - 07/28/08 09:30 PM Re: What's on your summer reading list? [Re: Trucker51]
dangal Offline
New Here

Loc: seattle area
Citizen Solider.

#241269 - 07/30/08 03:06 AM Re: What's on your summer reading list? [Re: EGL]
CarnagedOntology Offline
New Here

Loc: California
I read a lot of "true crime" type genre. Comes along with my profession I guess...it's so utterly revolting what a human being is capable of.

Just finished Cellar of Horror - The Story of Gerry Heidnik and Kids Who Kill (is a must read if you work with troubled youth). Both are excellent books.

I am a book-worm, so I just picked up an older vintage copy of Light In August and The Sound and the Fury by Faulkner.

#241329 - 07/30/08 10:05 AM Re: What's on your summer reading list? [Re: CarnagedOntology]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Let see...

Read the first the first book of RA Salvatore's Orc King Trilogy. Currently reading the first book of "The Last Mythal". Then I'll lead the 3rd book of the Lady Penitent trilogy. Then back to the Dragon Lance novels!

Perhaps I'll start picking up "The Knights of Myth Drannor" at some point and start reading that series. We shall see!

Yes, I like fantasy novels!

#241603 - 07/31/08 09:15 PM Re: What's on your summer reading list? [Re: JustScott]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
For starters:

Creating a Life of Wisdom & Compassion - The Wisdom of Psychotherapy
by Robert A. Firestone, Lisa A. Firestone & Joyce Catlett
Foreward by Daniel J. Siegel (he fires me neurons)

When Misery Is Company by Anne Katherine

#241622 - 07/31/08 10:21 PM Re: What's on your summer reading list? [Re: Trucker51]
JonathanKhonsu Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
I'm reading Twilight now. I just finished Children of Dune, Mordred: Bastard Son, City of Ashes, and some wired warewolf novel. Fantasy readers unite...uhg. Anyway i think the invasion of Czechoslavia happened first but I can't remember for sure. do I get points for knowing that Germany invaded Poland on Sept 1, 1938.

#241627 - 07/31/08 10:54 PM Re: What's on your summer reading list? [Re: JonathanKhonsu]
youthfulheart62 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey(exit3)
working,retreat,shore and oh getting married.

Julian

#241670 - 08/01/08 02:30 AM Re: What's on your summer reading list? [Re: youthfulheart62]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
The easy does it relationship guide, by Mary Faulkner.

Conscious Breathing, by Gay Hendricks, Ph.D.

The art of sensual massage. by Gordon Inkeles & Murray Todris

Tricks to please a woman, by Jay Wiseman

So many books, so little time. (kill your television)

island

#241675 - 08/01/08 03:16 AM Re: What's on your summer reading list? [Re: 1islandboy]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
My favorite exit in New Jersey was exit 15E, which led to Rube's and a truckline that I used to work for, back in the early and mid-1980s. And if you go the other way, there are Port Newark and Port Elizabeth, and beyond them, the Campbell's plant where I tok those rotting tomatoes back in 1981. Another favorite is exit 15W, which almost always meant that I was heading home.

Isn't exit 3 down near the bridge to Chester, PA? Yikes, another really tall bridge over water like the Chesapeake bridge east of D.C. on US 50 or south of there over the Potomac on 301.

Reading a book and driving a semi are sort of similar in some respects. It has been 22 years since I last got off of the NJ Pike at exit 15E.

Welcome to the site.

Mark

#241680 - 08/01/08 04:14 AM Re: What's on your summer reading list? [Re: Trucker51]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
war & peace.

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#241893 - 08/02/08 01:28 AM Re: What's on your summer reading list? [Re: markgreyblue]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Sounds like a bit of a tough read. I've got one from late in the Great War, (World War I), about an amphibious invasion by the German Navy of several Russian-held islands at the mouth of the Gulf of Riga in the Baltic Sea. The book is entitled OPERATION ALBION, by Michael B. Barrett. I'll let you read it after I am done as sort of the icing on War & Peace.

Mark

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.