Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (5 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441971 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 9 of 17 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#236878 - 07/08/08 10:50 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: NY Daisy]
NY Daisy Offline
New Here

Dear all, It has been pointed out to me that it sounds like my son was masturbating "while" he was on line. Now that I have reread my post I can absolutely see where it could have been misconstrued.
I am so sorry for this. My son was not masturbating. What I meant was he and his friend were talking about how they do participate in that.ALONE.
I only thought it was amusing because as much as you think you are teaching your kids about life and sex, we try to be open about it, they still get wacky ideas in their heads, and I was amused that for whatever reason my younger boy thought you had to be gay to do that, and we all know, or at least the one I worship,God would never exclude anyone from that. So I am sorry, NYDAISY

GOD would never exclude anyone from that.(I thought I'd add that since it is the area)

#236903 - 07/09/08 12:16 AM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: NY Daisy]
hogan_dawg Offline

Hmmm not meaning to shock you but was he talking to a guy online? That might explain the 'gay' thing. Like, cyber sex between guys. If so, the kid might be right, it's kinda gay.

Reminds me of that video where the guy sings "My parents think I'm gay just because I like 'guys'" or words to that effect.

Sure you can post here. \:\)

Edited by hogan_dawg (07/09/08 12:20 AM)

#237154 - 07/09/08 10:55 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: hogan_dawg]
NY Daisy Offline
New Here

yes, he was talking to a guy, and the gay thing, time will tell. My kids know that's fine with me.I just want grandkids, I don't care how they give them to me. A family, is a family.
NYDAISY

P.S. could this be why the younger one told the older one," good news you can get married in California now?" hmmmm....

#237194 - 07/10/08 05:51 AM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: NY Daisy]
hogan_dawg Offline

lol

I like that. Yeah family is family. As long as there is lots of love to go around.

Best, Dawg

#237220 - 07/10/08 10:41 AM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: Sans Logos]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Sans Logos

since i was quoted as being misinformed, i feel it necessary to defend my position and clarify that my comment was merely an allegory to the subject at hand, not an attempt to educate the masses on levitical law.

i can truly appreciate that you are coming from a place where you felt it necessary to comment as you did, and i have no issue with that.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize this was such a big deal to you. The only "place" that I'm "coming from" is a desire not to see the tenets of my religion misrepresented. It is all too often that the laws of the "Old Testament" are presented as an overly harsh and burdensome code of rules that exist only to complicate life and condemn sinful humanity, when from the Jewish perspective they it is a tree of life whose ways are pleasant and all whose paths are peace.

#237229 - 07/10/08 12:42 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: VLinvictus]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
oy vey, reinterpreting my meaning to bash me over the head with, IS a big deal for me. if you are going to continue to use my words to impose your interpretation of my words at least out of respect, use them all and not merely select those that will ultimately be used to create a case to debunk said imagined 'misrepresentation'. to use snippets of my commentary to back-up your attempt to rescue the judaic law from misinterpretation, is ultimately turning ploughshares into swords! i mean what is all your nit-picking going to achieve? a little pat on the head from above?

if you wish to remove the speck from my eye, please do not quote me out of context; my exact words were thus:

Quote:
lv,

re: Quote:
Not quite.

since i was quoted as being misinformed, i feel it necessary to defend my position and clarify that my comment was merely an allegory to the subject at hand, not an attempt to educate the masses on levitical law.

i can truly appreciate that you are coming from a place where you felt it necessary to comment as you did, and i have no issue with that. i have my own side of the street to take care of, because the buck stops here, and if i don't noone else will. does that amount to making a mountain out of a mole hill? i don't think so; my healing process calls me to be a person whose recovery means not only standing in my truth, but also bearing witness to it. even if it seems being contrary.

i am not disputing in general what you say nor your right to say it. what i do respect very deeply is that we can disagree without being disagreeable, and i think that is the best honesty i can to both myself and the community.

thanks for hearing me, and i wish you all the best,
ron

as far as 'the tenets' of your religion go, it would be helpful to include which sect of judaism you are affiliating with because i am certain when you say
Quote:
it is a tree of life whose ways are pleasant and all whose paths are peace
that some of the female jewish women friends with whom i am and have made acquaintance with along the way, who, parenthetically, have been made second class citizens would find this statement quite contestable and/or laughable. and, just so you don't think i am picking on jewish orthodoxy, the same holds true for folks of other denominations who feel disenfranchised from their spiritual communities based on patriarchal ruling systems.

ok, enough of this masturbation. blah blah blah

you are most welcome to have the last word; it's all yours. have at it,

peace out,

ron \:D

#237277 - 07/10/08 03:37 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: Sans Logos]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
????

#239990 - 07/24/08 02:16 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: VLinvictus]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
(Content removed for being sexually suggestive.)

Edited by ModTeam (07/24/08 07:36 PM)

#239998 - 07/24/08 03:25 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: blueshift]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
L
O

frikin

L

#240001 - 07/24/08 03:41 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: NY Daisy]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: NY Daisy
"Well Mom, isn't it true that only gay guys do that?" WHAT?

So it was not just my warped little town. That was the public word on MB when I grew up. "Only gay guys do that."

I remember thinking "THAT'S what indicates yer gay? Holy crud! What does that stuff I do with those guys make ME?"

Then I heard Woody Allan say "its having sex with someone I love." Went about my business fully confused.

Glad you are not letting your boys be confused Daisy.

Still's Globs

New Video

Page 9 of 17 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.