Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, iaccus, 3 invisible), 30 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447737 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#241511 - 07/31/08 09:09 AM Be There Monsters
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake City Ut
I used to think there were monsters who would sneak in at night and do "things".

I then used to think that these poor monsters were human and little children once who were abused and I should feel sorry for them.

I'm back again thinking there are monsters more terrible than I had imagined.

Lance

#241552 - 07/31/08 02:06 PM Re: Be There Monsters [Re: LW1527]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Lance,
Back in the 60's when I was 7 or 8.
There was a soap called "Dark Shadows" and on this show there was a vampire named Barnibus Colins.
And every night I would wake up from nightmares and I just knew that he was in my closet or under my bed. But I was too terrified to get up and check.
So I would just lay there in my fear until I fell back asleep.
I was terrified that he would suck the life out of me.
My mother was the real Barnibus.
Memories,you just have to love them!

mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#241558 - 07/31/08 02:35 PM Re: Be There Monsters [Re: michael banks]
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mike - You made me laugh. I did the same thing, but it was with the wolfman. I hated that creep. I always checked the closets, under my bed, etc. Even now, when I hang my feet over the bed, I'm teerified that someone is going to cut them off.

Seriously, though, your right. Memories, gotta love 'em! What a trip!

Lance

#241559 - 07/31/08 02:50 PM Re: Be There Monsters [Re: LW1527]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
From the age of 8 right up until junior high school I used to think that there was a monster in the basement and that he would catch me unless I ran up the basement stairs as fast as I could. I wonder if that fear had anything to do with the fact that several of my early incidents happened in that basement between the ages of 8 and 10? A couple of other incidents happened in my old bedroom that my mom began to use as an office after I turned 13. Every time I went into her office after that it gave me the creeps. I remember sitting in there and glancing around thinking that I saw shadows or movement, and having my heartrate speed-up and beginning to sweat. That house was brand-new when I was 8, and we sold it and my folks moved to the Cleveland-area when I was 18.

Just to let you guys know that the thing with childhood fears after CSA is not unique. If you guys stay with it, someday soon these types of memories will not be nearly as bothersome, and will not continue to color your every decision or hinder your every movement nearly as much as they have in the past.

Thinking of you guys.

Mark

#241562 - 07/31/08 03:23 PM Re: Be There Monsters [Re: Trucker51]
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Creepy, Mark. Not (Creepy Mark)

I remember talking to my sister years ago, just before we stopped talking to each other for eternity! Anyway, I told her about the dark man standing at the foot of my bed and that I used to see him several times. It freaked me out when she told me the same situation. Yes, there are monsters.

Lance

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.