Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
2 registered (VASurvivor, Vedder32), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63419 Topics
443377 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#242008 - 08/02/08 06:47 PM Re: reaching out [Re: MarkK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
M&m,

Originally Posted By: MarkK
i don't believe there can be a personal relationship that is "safe enough".

I guess I would wonder when a relationship is safe enough, and how we would recognize that level of safety when we encounter it.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#242010 - 08/02/08 06:53 PM Re: reaching out [Re: roadrunner]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
i dunno - for me the relationship is "safe enough" when you find someone you can trust (or maybe just want to trust) - regardless of the risk.

my T is such a person. i trust him completely. but his is a professional relationship - which puts it in a different light.

And, actually - it's not completely bad. alone, isolated, yes ... but no fear of someone taking advantage of the friendship. or worse, once you become their friend they tell you that in order to KEEP that friendship, you must now accept the tripe they spew...

Anyhoo - still think it is better to be hurting from being alone rather than hurting from being abandoned.

M

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.