Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
5 registered (highflight, 4 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444204 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#241145 - 07/29/08 08:39 PM Chernobyl
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
"The sarcophagus encasing Chernobyl was built in haste and is crumbling. Despite strengthening work there are fears it could collapse, leading to the release of tonnes of radioactive dust."

#241151 - 07/29/08 08:54 PM Re: Chernobyl [Re: frost]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Don't worry, i will get my people on it

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#241161 - 07/29/08 09:16 PM Re: Chernobyl [Re: king tut]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
And I hear that they are tearing down Fermi-1 in Michigan, and are going to ship all of the radioactive stuff to Mississippi and Nevada. Too bad that the earthquake today wasn't an 8.2 so that we could have seen firsthand on CNN the absolute folly of building nuclear power plants in earthquake-prone areas.

Sorry anyone in LA, I didn't mean you. Maybe that sentence should have read ...the folly of building nuclear power plants... instead.

And just today I heard an assessment from the AASHTO that $140 billion worth of work is needed next year to fund work on all of the critically-deficient bridges just here in the US. Think about that next time that they propose sending a bunch more dough overseas, or the next time that you are driving anywhere.

Mark

#241189 - 07/29/08 09:51 PM Re: Chernobyl [Re: Trucker51]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
and NASA have all sorts of new plans too! i thought America was going through some kind of recession, what's going on? NASA were talking about plans on building houses on Mars on the news earlier

I want to go to Mars! so i am not going to complain lol

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#241343 - 07/30/08 11:56 AM Re: Chernobyl [Re: king tut]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Now today comes another speech from our great leader about allowing offshore drilling everywhere. even off of Cape Cod, where a wind-farm proposal was just shot down. He is trying to blame our high oil prices on the Democratic-controlled Congress. Remember the Monterey oil well blowout in 1969, when more than a super-tanker worth polluted the beaches and killed all marine life for many miles around? That is one reason that those laws exist. Another is the weather and the height of the seas in the Atlantic and Pacific, though your North Sea development is in fairly similar straights weather and wave height-wise. Your oil industry ever had any problems there? How about any hurricanes or tsunamis?

Who do you think will benefit most immediately from off-shore drilling off of our ocean coasts? Will it be the industries that high oil prices are killing now? Will it be the Great Lakes steel industry? Neither. The main beneficiary will be several big drilling companies mostly in the American South in Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi, plus our Vice-President's own company, Haliburton. Most all of these companies are owned and managed by close supporters of the President or his political party. They will benefit first, greatly, at everyone else's expense. And anyone owning drilling/exploration stocks will also benefit too.

It may be seven to ten years down the road before lower prices are seen at the pump. Most likely a whole lot of any oil found will have to go to overseas buyers to help balance our trade deficit, like our Alaskan oil does now. Otherwise our Dollar is in for substantial losses in value. It is kind of a Catch-22. The Republicans are proposing that they and their close supporters make lots of money with a little bit of trickle-down for the rest of us, in the hope that their action will eventually reduce everyone's oil price and not pollute any more beaches. The opposite side of the coin involves great change and different beneficiaries, as bio-fuels and much higher fuel mileage standards eventually free us all from our growing addiction for a dwindling fuel supply (See the laws of supply and demand). And the opposite side of the coin involves steadily declining profits for our oil industry billionaires, eventually removing that portion of the Republican Party's support base from financial contention.

It is a critical question, now and for the ages.

I am most likely a bit old to go to Mars. I did see some by show yesterday about some American company financed by Burt Rutan that has been testing their own recoverable and reuseable space capsule. Seems that they want to make mid-altitude space flight a commercial venture, where those of us fortunate enough to afford to do so will be able to take a quick space flight to 100 or 200 miles of altitude. Would you be willing to pay the big money for the perspective offered at that altitude, even if only for a couple of minutes?

Mark

#241367 - 07/30/08 01:48 PM Re: Chernobyl [Re: frost]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: frost
"The sarcophagus encasing Chernobyl was built in haste and is crumbling. Despite strengthening work there are fears it could collapse, leading to the release of tonnes of radioactive dust."

Chernobyl is not sure nobel

Edited by pufferfish (07/30/08 01:49 PM)

#241391 - 07/30/08 04:49 PM Re: Chernobyl [Re: frost]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
"Pilot, take theees thread to Coooba"

Bri-bro, hope that pesky radiation dust has decay rate rapeeed-o vamooose-o
Perhaps on toast with cinnamon for kitty fission?
purr purr

C

#241465 - 07/30/08 11:16 PM Re: Chernobyl [Re: ineffable]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
thanks, this is the cherry on top of my cake..

m

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#241466 - 07/30/08 11:16 PM Re: Chernobyl [Re: markgreyblue]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
lol

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#241566 - 07/31/08 03:29 PM Re: Chernobyl [Re: markgreyblue]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I feel badly for the natives but almost hope that it collapses, to grandly reinforce the worst-case scenario in the memories of billions of people all over again, for many years to come.

It is kind of like in the movie Jaws: You know, "just when you thought that it was safe to go back in the water"....

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.